Go Down

Topic: 'One Student One Arduino' Project (Read 2091 times) previous topic - next topic

Qdeathstar

take a picture of yourself dancing in the wild with nothing but an arduino micro covering your nether regions... then, i shall believe you.

Robin2

take a picture of yourself dancing in the wild with nothing but an arduino micro covering your nether regions... then, i shall believe you.
In the event that the OP is genuine that is not a nice suggestion.

And it would prove nothing.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

travis_farmer

In the event that the OP is genuine that is not a nice suggestion.

And it would prove nothing.

...R
may very well be considered to be quite indecent as well. this is a family level forum after-all.

~Travis
Current Obsession: Ham Radio, and my CNC Router
Check out my website, i have my own forum on my hobby server.

CrossRoads

Well, after a lengthy delay, I was able to look at the gofundme website (which was blocked for access for me by my work network), which looks legit, and where shillout has raised funds so far.

shillout, I do wish you the best in your campaign.

550 € of 8 000 € goal

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

MAS3

Well, more doubts rise.

If you are in Nigeria, then why do you use a German mobile phone as contact number, and why is your site registered by German 1&1 ?

Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Qdeathstar

It would prove he was committed, legally or otherwise.

ardly

If you are in Nigeria, then why do you use a German mobile phone as contact number, and why is your site registered by German 1&1 ?
The website does not hide the German connection it gives a contact address in Hamburg. Babasile Daniel Oladele-Emmanuel can be found in Linkedin. Looking at the website and the photos and reports it contains it seems clear to me this is a genuine fundraising attempt by a real person who has been working in Nigeria teaching a range of people, mainly children, about new technology. It looks like they had a good time working with a 3D printer and building a solar panel from scratch.

http://www.greenlab-microfactory.org/events-and-publications/

The huge number of scams that originate from Nigeria obviously don't help their cause.
Now I am starting to get pestered by relatives of Colonel Gaddafi in Lybia wanting me to help move their money about.

This reminds me that I am owed a cool beer under an Acacia tree, for help I once gave over the Internet, should I ever visit Nairobi in Kenya.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

larryd

Fool you once shame on you, fool you twice you are a fool.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Qdeathstar

So, now that it's legit whose opening their wallet?

larryd

I believe the spammers from Nigeria have donated.
No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

ardly

That was a conversation killer.

It is a pity that they they cannot at least get help on the forum but they seem to have a poor internet service and an "epileptic power supply" !

Is it treason in this forum to say that they might be better to use Raspberry Pis rather than Arduinos?
How do you write the plural of a Pi, Raspberry Pis just does not seem right?  :)

They only seem to have a couple of PCs so how are they going to program 100 Arduinos?
With Pi they could use any PCs they have to run the Raspberries headless. They also might stand a better chance of getting old keyboards, mice and monitors than getting their hands on working PCs.

MAS3

The threshold with a Pi is much higher than that of an Arduino.
100 Arduinos doesn't mean they all have to be programmed at the same time.
A school with 1000 students doesn't mean those 1000 students will always be in the same classroom.

Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Robin2

What about this ...

The official Arduino team checks out this project to see if it is kosher.

If it is the Arduino folks set up a system where we can contribute money to a fund to pay for the Arduinos.

When the Arduino folks have enough money they can send the Arduino Unos to the project.

This won't cost the Arduino folks anything except some of their time - and maybe they would be kind enough to make the Unos available at cost price.

If they do set up a fund like that I would be prepared to contribute the price of one Uno - as long as I can pay with Paypal to an Arduino account. I am not prepared to pay anything directly to the charity.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ardly

What about this ...

The official Arduino team checks out this project to see if it is kosher.

If it is the Arduino folks set up a system where we can contribute money to a fund to pay for the Arduinos.

When the Arduino folks have enough money they can send the Arduino Unos to the project.

This won't cost the Arduino folks anything except some of their time - and maybe they would be kind enough to make the Unos available at cost price.

If they do set up a fund like that I would be prepared to contribute the price of one Uno - as long as I can pay with Paypal to an Arduino account. I am not prepared to pay anything directly to the charity.

...R
If you can get the Arduino people to do that I would chip in a Uno as well - that would be 2% of their target already. Is there any official connection between this site and Arduino?

Robin2

Is there any official connection between this site and Arduino?
The Arduino folks pay for it and maintain it. But they hardly every read it.

...R

Go Up