Go Down

Topic: 'One Student One Arduino' Project (Read 2093 times) previous topic - next topic

ardly

The threshold with a Pi is much higher than that of an Arduino.
100 Arduinos doesn't mean they all have to be programmed at the same time.
A school with 1000 students doesn't mean those 1000 students will always be in the same classroom.

I thought there would be more of a debate about PI v Arduino for this application.

If you only have a couple of PCs surely you only need 10 Arduinos plus 100 breadboards?
The lack of an OS on the Arduino makes it very easy to program, but learning to program hardware is still jumping in at the deep end. With Pi there are more tools to teach programming such as Scratch and Turtley for teaching Python, plus they can dig deeper if they want to.

If they had plenty of PCs to program the Arduinos I could be pursuaded. With access to the Arduinos restricted by a lack of PCs I think more kids would get a better experience if they went the Pi route.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

Qdeathstar

You still have to have a computer to program the pi...

ardly

You still have to have a computer to program the pi...
No. You can get the Pi with NOOBs on the SD card so plug in the Pi and it boots to the Raspbian (Debian Linux) operating system. What you do need is a keyboard, mouse and monitor but those might be easier to come by than working computers. If you do have PC you can also run the Pi "headless" from it.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

shillout

@Robin2 @Travis_Farmer @CrossRoads @ardly, and everybody that commented, I would like to say a very big thank you for your understanding and comments. About my German number, I am a PhD candidate in Germany. Hence the reason for the German number and also for the website.

I also want you to know that, despite the fact that I am a Nigerian I also receive those spam emails. The goal here is to disregard all the negative experiences and provide an positive/good opportunity for the younger ones.

Thank you all.

larryd

Looking at your post count tells it all.

Zero effort on your part to give back to the community says everything.

Your user name also says a lot.  shillout  >>>>-----> shell out.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Go Up