Go Down

Topic: who likes breadsticks? (Read 2184 times) previous topic - next topic

Qdeathstar

Aug 25, 2017, 06:01 am Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 06:01 am by Qdeathstar
post 'em if ya gottem!

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Robin2

who likes breadsticks?

I love a good intellectual question like this

post 'em if ya gottem!
Are you using the word "post" as in "put them in the mail" ?

If so, sorrry, I don't have any.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

travis_farmer

I love a good intellectual question like this
i must say, i am unsure what the trigger was that proposed this thread. i realize i tend to post worthless drivel, at times, but i am unsure about a thread on breadsticks. what even is the meaning of the post? at least i tend to ramble on enough that people can sort-of figure out what i am trying to convey. at least i think i do... ;)

~Travis
Current Obsession: My server rack cooler, and my CNC Router
Check out my website, i have my own under-used forum on my hobby server.

Qdeathstar

Aug 26, 2017, 03:30 am Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017, 03:32 am by Qdeathstar
What's wrong with just liking breadsticks? I like them. I think maybe you might as well. A lot of smart people like breadsticks. We can share stories of our favorite breadsticks. I had one the other day that was a desert breadstick and it tasted good and had a lot of cinnamon on it :D

Robin, if you would like to put the breadsticks in post and send them to me i would appreciate it. I think you may do best to get canned breadsticks as a hear the journey oversees may take some time and although i do like breadstick i do not like moldy green ones because they are obviously gross.

I will send you my address in your pm if you would like?

"If i had to choose between breadsticks and general relativity, i'd take the breadstick" ~ Einstein

Robin2

What's wrong with just liking breadsticks? I like them.
I confess to having interpreted your Original Post to mean that you did not like them :)

IMHO they are just calories in another seductive form.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MarkT

Extra kudos for pictures of breadsticks on breadboards?

Many years ago I was at a party, possibly inebriated(!) and chatting away, then looked up across
to the kitchen to see everyone in there suddenly break breadsticks over each other's heads - never
found out why.  They were possibly inebriated too I guess.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Henry_Best

Many years ago I was at a party, possibly inebriated(!) and chatting away, then looked up across
to the kitchen to see everyone in there suddenly break breadsticks over each other's heads - never
found out why.  They were possibly inebriated too I guess.
That could have been a sticky situation.

addem

Not gonna lie.  I kind of love this post.  Be honest you haters:  You love it too.

ChrisTenone

There's two kinds. Some are small and rigid - they crunch when you bite them, and they're best at room temperature. You can buy them at the store. Rod pretzels are a form of this type of breadstick. I don't like those.

The other type is about an inch or so in diameter, perhaps a foot long. They have a crunchy crust, but are soft and delicious inside. They go well with butter or marinara sauce. Although I try to limit my intake of carbohydrate, I am a total sucker for this kind of breadstick.

Does this imply that people can be divided into hard vs soft breadstick eaters?
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Robin2

I have tried but I can't explain to myself why I find the image in the Original Post slightly repulsive in a visceral way.

The best reason I can think of is that it conjures up the notion of worms emerging from something.

...R

travis_farmer

wow R2, there goes my breakfast appetite... ;)

~Travis

ChrisTenone

Can't ya just see a young Kyle MacLaughlin riding on such a breadstick, through the open desert, its maw open (revealing the delicious butteriness inside - I mean row upon row of razor sharp teeth), leading the Fremen into battle against the Harkonnens, and their Imperial Padishah'n allies.

No? Me neither.
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Qdeathstar

yah, emotionless stiff breadsticks (as pictured) can be creepy. What we need is a gif of a breadstick being inserted slowing into a mouth, then back out. mmm

travis_farmer

well that was rather uncalled for...

:o

~Travis

TomGeorge

Can't ya just see a young Kyle MacLaughlin riding on such a breadstick, through the open desert, its maw open (revealing the delicious butteriness inside - I mean row upon row of razor sharp teeth), leading the Fremen into battle against the Harkonnens, and their Imperial Padishah'n allies.

No? Me neither.
Or the copycat worm in StarWars, Return of the Jedi.
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up