Go Down

Topic: Self-teaching Math, other Sciences (Read 420 times) previous topic - next topic

addem

I studied Philosophy and History in college but took a bunch of Math courses too.  Now that I'm older I'm more interested in the Sciences, which is part of why I got into Arduinos.  It's helping me to study Electricity and Magnetism by being able to play with an Arduino. 

I figure since this is a group of tinkerers I might ask, is anyone else into self-teaching the more abstract stuff like E&M and high-level Math?

ChrisTenone

One philosophy of education states that all learning is a result of self teaching. Although I work in the education field, I think of myself as a learning facilitator, rather than a teacher.

Get yourself a battery, a long wire and a compass, fiddle with it, and you'll learn some electricity and magnetism. What do you mean by "high level" math? Algebra, calculus, hamiltonian expressions, or tensor fields?
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Henry_Best

What do you mean by "high level" math? Algebra, calculus, hamiltonian expressions, or tensor fields?
To some, binary is 'high level' maths.

Robin2

To some, binary is 'high level' maths.
Thank goodness. That's about all I can manage.  :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Henry_Best

Thank goodness. That's about all I can manage.  :)
At least you don't run out of fingers (and toes?) as quickly you do as with decimal.

AWOL

At least you don't run out of fingers (and toes?) as quickly you do as with decimal.
Isn't finger counting unary?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ChrisTenone

No. It's digital.

...R
Right. The finger is either flipped, or it isn't.
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Go Up