Arduino Mega, Screw (Terminal) it

Okay, here's what I'v worked out.

I originally said $7.30 for a bare board. That was incorrect and was based on 10-lot boards from itead, the larger sizes are 5-lots.
So a bareboard will be $13.60.
I've priced up material for5 kits, since I'm getting 5 boards.
Total with shipping for itead, mouser, dipmicro, USPS to you, and paypal's 2.9% + $0.39/transaction fee comes out to $41.25.

First 5 paypal payments to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net get a card.
bibre asked for the first one, a university teacher asked for 1, so it's really the next 3.

If there's enough interest, I'll order more.
Cards will be here in 2 weeks or so.

Robert/CrossRoads

$41.25 per board?

$41.25 per board is for a kit - board, ten stackable headers, 21 screw terminals.
Sizes selected to yield lowest cost per pin or terminal.

$13.60 for just a board.

Price is material cost, supplier shipping, and my mailing costs.
Passing on the benefit of bulk buy on the parts.

$41.25 is a very good price. Do your math.

I paid for a similar screw shield (the Wingshield) for the Ardiono UNO $16 bucks. But the MEGA 2560 has at least 3.5 times more pins than the UNO. And that's 3.5 times more terminals and headers!

So I guess, if you need it, go for it. It's a fair price, for a lot of hardware. :wink:

On the other hand, just buy the bare bones board. :slight_smile:

My brain got hung up on the "materials for 5 kits" comment, and registered that as $41.25 for all 5 boards.

No, that's $41.25/kit.
Larger board, 86 screw terminals.

Yes. I'll admit to my brain shutting down it's higher functions while I was reading that.

Boards are in - 4 left.

Bibre - I didn't order material yet. Hopefully the pics will inspire folks to commit - otherwise I'm only ordering connectors for 2 boards tomorrow and anyone else can pay for their own shipping on parts from wherever.

WOW! Grrrreat looking boards. Congratulations. :open_mouth:

Ok Robert, I'm not in any hurry, no problem at all. :slight_smile:

The quality of your board looks excellent and its price is fantastic, inexpensive.

Sorry to see that you haven't had a reasonable demand response for these kits as they are also very affordable and will save you a lot of time and money vs looking elsewhere.

Everybody owning a MEGA2560, who is really going to put it to work, not only experimenting, should buy one of these. It's a must have for deploying! 8)

bibre, headers & screw terminals are ordered, just 2 sets, 1 for you & 2 for me.
Hope to have parts to mail out by the weekend.

I appreciate that very much, Robert. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Robert You Can make one for me too... Please?. ... Thot I'd make a public plea... More Fun for You To Say NO...

Bob

Why would I say no?
I have 3 boards uncommitted.
You want me to buy the parts? Or you will buy your own?
8-pin 1-row 0.1” Long Pin Female Header for Arduino Shields - dipmicro electronics qty 7
10-pin 1-row 0.1” Long Pin Female Header - dipmicro electronics qty 3
Mouser.com:
651-1984646 qty 4
651-1984633 qty 16
651-1984617 qty 1

My whole idea of a group buy is shot, looks like the oversized board cost (compared to 10cm x 10cm) from iteadstudio scared everyone away (partly my error not realizing the itead price was for 5 and not 10), so I'd be buying parts just for your board. Let me know.

Docedison:
Robert You Can make one for me too... Please?. ... Thot I'd make a public plea... More Fun for You To Say NO...

C'mon Doc, say YES. I knew you'd like to buy one of these kits, complete. I'm just like you, I think I know you'd like one of these. Robert did all the effort to help us, I guess it's worth buying it.

BTW: I love Disneyland @ Anaheim since 1957. I have a reprint of the original Disneyland map signed by Sam Mc. Kim. :slight_smile:

Any bds left? I can place this board any where in the stack? Using a touch screen and the driver sheild is the last one with maybe 2-3 bds in between .
Thanks
Skip

Robert Yes With the connectors please... On the 17th. You take PayPal? or do you want to trade some stuff, I'll ship for approval and if you like, ship, if not tell me what the value is to you and I'll pay the difference... Fair Enuf?

Bob

Daka101, I guess 2 left, with Docedison taking one. $13.60 for a bare board mailed to a US location.
If you want me to buy connectors, I'll buy 2 sets and split costs between you & Docedison. Price will then be in $43-44 range.

I do take paypal.

Docedison, I don't want to barter for this stuff, I can't pay off the credit card charges that way.

Board can go on top of Mega, and other shields stacked from there. Or it can be stacked on others.

I Do Understand... I need to save what I can too, for a lot of things. Boo, Hoo, I really need it now. I have the first 3rd of my project working. Date, Time, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Relative Humidity With a GPS Receiver, Bosch BMP085 and DHT22/AMS 2303 all displayed on an Itead 3.2" GLCD. I got the Time Library to work with my GPS receiver... Sort of... Who is maintaining that Lib?
Now I need to get it consolidated because I want to connect some of those nRF24L01 Transceivers to drive a Sure 3208 2 panel display and for remote Temp/Humidity reporting. I also am going to use X10 control and couple them to the time lib as well as the touch screen.
I have a couple of 328's and a couple of Pro Mini's for the base, remote and a USB dongle for my PC so that I can send the data to the PC for logging if I don't just graph it on the display. Those Itead displays are super easy to use and really inexpensive... 'bout $22.00 with a Mega shield. however I bought 2 4D Systems 3.2 PT SGC displays and I think I'll use them instead because of the really massive capabilities of the display. The Only real "Fly in the..." is that the 4D things are resistive touch and mounting them is going to be a real challenge... But they will replace keypads entirely... with a little work. Do you have any suggestions for a box?? It's a really Great Feeling to see it start to come together... 40K bytes and growing.

Bob

Ok, while bibre waits for the USPS to deliver to the US Southwest, I put my board together to make sure it all fits ad plugs onto a Mega ok.
I only have an older mega, so the extra IO Ref and I2C pins are just hanging in space.
Lot of pins still to plug into the Mega - little wiggling needed to get them all lined up - even tougher to pull it all apart!
Plugged in an older protoshield as well for a fit test.
All seems good!

Absolutely Wonderful, Beautiful job that is well thought out. I'll be a very happy man when this is through. Do you sell a good proto board too?... Guess I better go visit the store again. Thank You. Do you have any knowledge of a box or "Enclosure" that would that a Mega and a #" GLCD, possibly a keypad although the keypad should be the display...?

Bob