Arduino Micro analog input numbering

The Arduino Micro hardware page states:

Analog Inputs: A0-A5, A6 - A11 (on digital pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12). The Micro has a total of 12 analog inputs, pins from A0 to A5 are labelled directly on the pins and the other ones that you can access in code using the constants from A6 trough(sic) A11 are shared respectively on digital pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12.

The pinout diagram however shows A0..A7 A9..A12 (A8 missing, A12 added). It seems that the pinout diagram is wrong?

Having the same problem here. Very new to Arduino, but either (A) I fried the pin or (B) AnalogRead(12) doesn't address the pin in the lower left hand corner of the figure.

Any suggestions?

Nantonos:
The Arduino Micro hardware page states:

Analog Inputs: A0-A5, A6 - A11 (on digital pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12). The Micro has a total of 12 analog inputs, pins from A0 to A5 are labelled directly on the pins and the other ones that you can access in code using the constants from A6 trough(sic) A11 are shared respectively on digital pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12.

The pinout diagram however shows A0..A7 A9..A12 (A8 missing, A12 added). It seems that the pinout diagram is wrong?

You are right!
Comparing the schematics of "Arduino Micro" and "Leonardo Rev3b"
shows that the text is correct and the pinout diagram is bad:

• A12 should be replaced by A7.
  • A7 should be replaced by A8.

You get the simple numbering from A0 to A11, as described in the text and as used by the Leonardo.

Bernt

Has anyone "official" acknowledged whether this is really a pin numbering error?

I just bought a couple Micro's to start experimenting with, and I was confused by the pin numbering too. I've been searching/reading a lot before playing with the Micro's themselves.

It seems even more confusing when I compare it with pighixxx's Arduino Micro pinout diagram here: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,148734.0.html None of those analog pins match numbering anything like the hardware page pin numbers.

Has anyone actually tried the various pins to see which is which and how they respond?

To me, this is as clear as tar.

Could someone please take the drawing above, and put the correct pin numbers that we would put in the editor?
You know, for reference.

Thanks.

The issue reported here has been fixed for some time now(see Arduino Micro pinout diagram for extended analog inputs and schematics erratum · Issue #1741 · arduino/Arduino · GitHub).
The correct diagram is at https://www.arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/ArduinoMicro_Pinout3.png: