Go Down

Topic: measuring electron density of say a back yard or surround area (Read 370 times) previous topic - next topic

cbullock

I was wondering if there are any sensors that could give the electron density or a surrounding area? I thought about using a Hall effect sensor, but feel it would just give me the magnetic field density. I am manly looking at increase in electron density of my farm lands and would like to see if different densities result in different crop yields

pylon

I'm not an English native speaker and I guess you are also not. So please specify what you understand by the term "electron density". I know it as the probability of electrons to be at a specific location (simply spoken) but as this has no relation to agriculture (to my knowledge) I strongly guess your meaning is different.

cbullock

electron density if you look talking about how the current electrical field from the atmosphere inter acts seeing we are in a huge electrical connection with the Sun and all. True this ideology is out there among may stay science and ESA sworm mission. Seeing those satellites can not be geo stationary on my land, I wanted to see if ardunio or heck PI had sensors that could pick it up. . It would almost be like a hall effect sensor except it would not detect magnetic but electrical side of the EM wave

robtillaart

As I recall my physics there is allways an electric field everywhere, and I assume you want measure the strength of that field. There are school experiments to measure it in the lab
- http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/lab/genlab/labmanual/2014Manual/ElectricPotential.pdf

maybe this thread is helpfull
- https://www.element14.com/community/thread/10616/l/what-is-the-best-way-to-measure-atmospheric-electric-fields?displayFullThread=true

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

pert

I have an analog electron density sensor for sale. Only $50:

Buy now I'll include a tinfoil hat at no extra charge!

pylon

I guess you need more of a divining rod than an Arduino or Raspberry Pi.

jremington

Paul_KD7HB

electron density if you look talking about how the current electrical field from the atmosphere inter acts seeing we are in a huge electrical connection with the Sun and all. True this ideology is out there among may stay science and ESA sworm mission. Seeing those satellites can not be geo stationary on my land, I wanted to see if ardunio or heck PI had sensors that could pick it up. . It would almost be like a hall effect sensor except it would not detect magnetic but electrical side of the EM wave
You do not need a computer to do this. Attach a short wire to the 10meg probe on your oscilloscope and set to display the lowest millivolt scale and highest gain. Hold the probe up in the air and you will see the EM wave voltages. You may even be able to do this with a DVM using the lowest scale.

Paul

cbullock

granted the electron density seems to be linked to much of what we do not understand like why water disappeared from beaches and then huge quakes and all. True the  main stay science is just now catching up now. All I was looking for was something to tell me if the density was strong or light.

jremington

There has been no detectable change in the average water level on the ocean or lake beaches near where I live.

But granted, the ocean beach water level does go up and down quite regularly, oddly enough related to the position of the moon and the sun.

pert

granted the electron density seems to be linked to much of what we do not understand like why water disappeared from beaches and then huge quakes and all. True the  main stay science is just now catching up now. All I was looking for was something to tell me if the density was strong or light.
Lay off the conspiracy theory YouTube videos and AM radio talk shows. They've obviously rotted your brain but there might still be something salvageable left.

Go Up