looking for LCD screens - more memory than 8 custom characters

Hello,
I am looking for LCD screens 16X2 and 20X4 size.
Important to have more memory than 8 custom characters.
Memory for at least 40 characters.
thanks

What about a graphics display? As much custom graphics as you want.
You could select one or more fonts from here Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting..
Ensure that the display is supported: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting..

For example ST7920 based displays are 5V tolerant and can be used directly with the Arduino.
Additionally the following NHD display can be used in parallel or serial mode:
http://www.newhavendisplay.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_103
Using the 4x6 font, you will have 6 lines with 48 chars per line.
With the 6x10 font there are 4 lines with 32 chars per line.

Oliver

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm looking for a cheap screen.
Graphic screen is not an option for me.

VMwareUser:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Tell us about your project. 16*2 display only has 32 characters. You can have 8 custom characters so with a bit of shuffling, you might be able to do the project. Again, I don't know what project it is yet.

VMwareUser:

What does "cheap screen" mean to you?
128x64 glcd modules are often about the same price as 20x4 character displays.

With a hd44780 character display you can have as many custom characters as you want
but only 8 at any given time since there are only 8 locations to hold them.

With a graphic lcd you can have full control over all the pixels and can define anything you want.

--- bill

Hello,

It's cheap screen for example. But he has no enough memory to save the more than 8 characters.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Character-LCD-Module-Display-LCM-1602-16X2-HD44780-Blue-Blacklight-/350499581767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519b672f47

I want to display Hebrew characters.
The main use of the screen is the first definition of the product only.
Therefore it is important to me that the screen will be cheaper or find a solution to display Hebrew screen with controller HD44780.

Thank you.

There may be an HD44780 based character mode LCD with hebrew characters out there somewhere since some manufacturers did (do?) have custom ROM options available. Finding one is another story altogether.

If you take the time to put your location information into your profile you will have a better chance of getting useful hints on possible suppliers.

Don

If Hebrew HD44780 display is not commonly seen, you will have to talk with an LCD manufacturer to make you some. I think it's on the order of 100 pieces minimal order. From your experience, do Hebrew characters fit in 8*5 dot matrix OK? I know you can't fit Chinese in that tight space. What price range are you comfortable with? I have an LCD supplier and I have thought about have them make a mapping with European characters instead of Japanese. They might be able to do Hebrew if they have the character ROM data.

VMwareUser:
Therefore it is important to me that the screen will be cheaper or find a solution ....

Cheaper than what?
You still haven't provided any needed target pricing.

--- bill

Thank you all.

You can get a glcd for less than 10 dollars with shipping is that not cheap?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12864-128x64-Dots-Graphic-Blue-Color-Backlight-LCD-Display-Module-/270864083713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f10c1eb01