(UPDATE! in App)Android HomeAutomation with Arduino at the end!

I have written an Android App and programmed + designed circuitry that is able to control relays via. a Bluetooth connection using a Android App , However the programming on Arduino is trivial the main thing is based over making an Android App.

Here it is >> http://winacro.com/index.php/bluswitch

I saw that on FB Nishant, good stuff.

Do you have any technical details? BT shield on an Arduino? How does the Arduino control the appliances?

Rob

Hi Sir Rob,

Thanks a lot! for appreciation. The Bluetooth module is a simple SPP cheap module that is capable of being a Slave (as for my implication a Slave is a lot no need for master) , The arduino's code is very simple ,It's like next to nothing! , The arduino just receives via. serial some char's for switching on a particular button like say "1" and to switch the same off "2" and so on so its like nothing but the main thing is getting a supported cheap bluetooth that is cost effective too and also is able to communicate with all the phones (which as per my experience doesn't happens always because I have worked with Bluetooth stacks loaded on USB Host compatible uC's and communication working with some phones but not with other's!) and offcourse Java programme for the android is the second major thing to consider.

My APp is now online over Google Play with the name andRHOME!

Regards,
Nishant

It would be nice to have a widget on the homescreen. Is that possible?

It would be nice to have a widget on the homescreen. Is that possible?

Hi, Yes off-course that Widget on homescreen can be added, Actually this is a initial release on further releases I plan to add functions such as also providing a timer in the app so the appliances/switches can be operated ON and OFF at a desired time period too ,this would be useful in scenario's like you wake up at 7.00 AM and need hot water for bathing so your appliance can switch ON automatically at 6.45 AM to warm up the water and then after 15 minutes(assuming it takes 15min's to get hot water!) it's automatically switched OFF, What say?

Regards,
Nishant

NEW UPDATE! is there!

TIMER SERVICE allows you to set a starting and stopping time of your electrical home appliances , See snapshot >>

It also provides a prompt after the timer reaches it point and Either Starts or Stops based on the time you setted , See Snapshot >>

NOTE:

Any Suggestion for extension to the software functionality is Welcome!

NI$HANT:
Any Suggestion for extension to the software functionality is Welcome!

Why a toast rather than using the notification bar to notify the user that the time ended?

I think a toast is pretty easy to miss, but you're forced to acknowledge a notification.

I have blasted this project and turned it into a very small system, that can now dim, actuate, time and voice control also

Here's the updated App on GooglePlay! > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winacro.andRHOME

I tried to test the app, but I think there is no compatibility with kitkat-devices (android 4.4).

I have it covered till 4.0.4 soon will cover 4.4 too very soon