roborealm

hi there can any one help me with roborealm i have two full rotation sevos attached to a robot and now i want to make that robot follow someone that is wearing a red shirt please can some one help with code i have no idea were to start :slight_smile:

An automated Wayne Rooney stalker.
Hmmm...that's just crazy enough that it might work.

Well, a way to start.. could you provide some details?
'a robot' can mean nearly anything, could be a buggy, could be a helicopter, could be a hexapod... could be a stationairy arm. What kind of robot? what are its capabilities? how will you interface with it?

As for the following the red shirt part, do you have any sensor picked out for this? or would this also need recomendations?

A plan comes first, then parts, then code.

Color following would probably require a camera feed, which generally requires hardware more advanced than an arduino.

Just my 2p.

Roborealm runs on a PC and makes video processing tasks like this easy (for some values of "easy"). It can also send commands to a serial port. So the project is doable but probably over ambitious for someone who has no idea where to start.

It would probably look something like this:

[font=Courier New]
       serial
PC ----------> Robot
 ^               (camera)
 |________________|
    wifi or cable
[/font]

Andrew

The roborealm website has two tutorials that virtually tell you how to do this sort of project. Try here Color Object Tracking and here Surveyor SRV-1b Trail

Andrew

PS I don't provide help in personal messages