Arduino WiFi Shield UDP Support

kdecker:
Would LOVE to see UDP support fully available for the Arduino WiFi shield. I just got it and now that I find out there are no UDP libraries for it like there are for the Ethernet shield, I'm disappointed. I don't have an Ethernet connection in the room where the arduino is going to live for this project. Wifi and Ardumote were the perfect solution till I found out that I can't send UDP messages from Ardumote to the Wifi shield.

I did use the example web server code to write a quick web page that has s couple of links for turning on and off lights, etc. but the shield seems to fall asleep / disconnect from the network after some period of time and it won't wake up when a new HTTP request comes in. So that hasn't proven terribly useful either.

I've posted this quite a few times over the last several months. In order to connect to an Adruino Board per WiFi does not per se require a WiFi shield. A "normal" Ethernet Shield can be connected with a short ethernet cable to a little pocket router e.g. a TP-Link TL WR-702n etc. I've got this working with a TL WR-702n and TL WR-703n using OSC and TouchOSC. Ardumote should not be a problem.