"Sound Radar" midi controller

This is my final assignment for the "Design of Physical and Virtual Interfaces" course at the University of Design in Potsdam, Germany.
Sound Radar is a DIY Midi Controller. The tones are controlled by six magnetic sensors, which are mounted under the record. The beats are produced depending on how you attach the magnets on the record .
In addition, it has eight different potentiometer for regulating effects. The sensors are connected to the "Teensy 2.0" module.

I would appreciate criticism!

midi.jpg

nice concept, although I get completely other associations with the word RADAR.

If made in bright plastic it could become MyFirstBeatBox (a kids toy for 6Yrs and up)

Any chance of a sound track sample here . The vimeo on the URL did not play for me . While I'm asking any circuits or code?
Could this be made to produce say a drum beat ?
Is it like a Metronome?

[working, based on seeing the vid]
The disc on the picture rotates.
On the disc there are lines and circles, and on the crossings you can place magnets.
When these magnets are detected by sensors they generate midi codes.
The rotation speed and the nr of lines gives the Beats Per Minute
The pot-meters are used to add variations to the midi signal

Could this be made to produce say a drum beat ?

Definitely!

Very cool!
From a usage point of view, it might be more interactive if you could figure out a way to rotate the sensors (perhaps mount with a slip ring: Miniature Slip Ring - 12mm diameter, 12 wires, max 240V @ 2A : ID 1195 : $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) underneath so that the disc and magnets on top were stationary, allowing the user to tweak the beat pattern without stopping. To complete the look, you could use a string of green EL wire alongside the sensors, sweeping underneath like a radar display. Mechanically, that'd be harder to pull off, and it might lose some of the tactile spinniness you've got there, but it could be a fruitful variation.