Go Down

Topic: What is your go-to PCB layout/designer? Why? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ElCaron

polymorph

Or, for those of us in North America or who like our links to be more descriptive:

Digikey KiCAD Parts Library
Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - https://tinyurl.com/Technote8
Multitasking: forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=223286.0
gammon.com.au/blink - gammon.com.au/serial - gammon.com.au/interrupts

Watcher

holesflow

I decided to give easyeda.com a try on a little project I had planned. So far, seems very good. I found almost the exact part I needed in the user-contributed libraries, which was the RFM95 board. Ideally I wanted a footprint that had both the thru-hole  and surface mount options, but so far I could only find one with the surface mount pads. The estimated cost of production is $2!
That's a neato PCB, Paul! It's like a project board with radio built in, right?
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.
"If you drop it and it breaks, it was good." ~ Mr. William Lehr, my Electronics VoTech Teacher, on testing vacuum tubes. RIP

allanhurst

Having designed multilayer boards for mobile phones etc with   BGA's , microvias and so on I'm not sure whether these freebies support them.

The professional stuff is expensive. I've mostly used PADS . It's a bit of a pig to learn, though very versatile.

Not that it'll worry me much as a retired hobbyist....

Allan

holesflow

I guess this topic is split now for some reason.
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.
"If you drop it and it breaks, it was good." ~ Mr. William Lehr, my Electronics VoTech Teacher, on testing vacuum tubes. RIP

PaulRB

Yes, it went way off topic. I asked the mods to split it because both threads seemed valuable. The other thread is here.

holesflow

Go Up