Arduino won't start in Windows 8

Arduino 1.65 won't run on system with Windows 8 student account with roaming profile and policies from server. It will run on same machine with local user account. Splash screen opens but app never runs.

On the local machine make a batch file that runs the app and set the compatibility mode on the batch file
well that's what I did to make my apps work over network :wink:
How to Write a Batch File ?

it is a error in the version 1.6.5. Use the latest beta

The latest beta is available at http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#hourly

Hey folks, Thank your so much for the suggestions. Unfortunately, it's still not working. The arduino splash screen opens with "loading configuration" in the bottom and then closes. I don't have a card attached. It looks like the software is trying to read or write to a start-up resource it can't find when logged in with the network account. Arduino 1.65 ran OK on the machine I made the profile from and runs ok on the student machine when logged in with a local account. All other software runs ok in the network account. I have given the student account full control rights to the arduino program folder and made sure it has full rights to the arduino preferences file in the arduino15 folder in the students server profile.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again

Jon

jmarlowe when logged in to the network account, open Explorer (file manager), type %LOCALAPPDATA% in the address bar and press enter. It will change folder and replace that %LOCALAPPDATA% with an actual path. Can you paste that path here?

I'm having a similar problem.

Myself and my school's computer tech believe that the IDE are trying to access a folder that the student account does not have access to.

Does anyone have a list of all of the folders or file locations that Arduino tries to access when it says configuring on the splash screen?

Just to clarify, the program runs on teacher accounts, but not student accounts.

Thanks.

Way

Problem has been solved. Not sure why, but using build 1.6.4 solves the problem.

jmarlowe:
Arduino 1.65 won't run on system with Windows 8 student account with roaming profile and policies from server. It will run on same machine with local user account. Splash screen opens but app never runs.

I am having this same problem on a windows 7 machine, with 1.6.8. Any help would be great.