PRFID Mod Parallax RFID reader

Hi, sorry for the late response. It's been a looong time since I did anything with my arduino, really, but I will try to answer your questions.

1. I am actually pretty inexperienced programming the arduino myself; however I have some programming background in other languages so I don't really know what is going on in there, but if I remember correctly I used that because the first 10 characters of keycode were correct, but then after that it just gave me garbage, so I just extracted the first 10 digits. There should be a more elegant way to solve this problem, but I just did it like that.

2. Again, this can probably be written more elegantly, but just Interpret that statement like this
    if (you swipe the master key AND you are not in programming mode) [note both statements have to be true. NOT just one]
    enter programming mode and turn on the programming mode light [so the user knows we are in programming mode]
    else [note that at this point you can be in programming mode if the key you swiped previously was the master]
    if( you are NOT in programming mode)