Connecting multiple devices to arduino

Hi,

I'm fairly new to electronics and power (especially to power and leds and all this...) and still trying to learn. So I'm rebuilding some projects to widen my knowledge. But I don't always get just the same components...

So at the moment I'm trying to recreate a project (Arduino Project Hub) that uses a

• ultrasound sensor
  • ir led
  • mp3 shield and
  • old speaker

The goal is to control a ir led light (therefor the ir led) and play some sound files (mp3 shield and speaker) depending on the distance someone has to the arduino us sensor. By getting nearer the lights will change and the sound will get louder.

My biggest problem now is: how will I connect the mp3/speaker AND the us sensor simultaneously to the 5V of the arduino? I don't want to fry it. In the project they use a grove shield (I have one, too), but I'm still not certain if that will protect the arduino "by itself", or if I am missing something.

So, what will I have to check to be sure not to drain too much power from the arduino? I also have a secondary power board, meant to drive stepper motors. At the moment, I used that to power the mp3 shield, but I'm really not sure if that is the right thing, as after some moments the soundfile gets to "stutter" and buzz when I do it that way.

Thank you for your help. If I've forgotten something necessary, please ask and I try to provide the info.

You can just wire them in parallel to the 5V, only issue is amperage. I believe the 5V port on an arduino uno outputs a max of 1 Amp depending on the power source so that should be fine. I don't know the specifications of each device you are using but if you add up their amperage requirements and they are less than 1 amp you should be fine

Somark:
I believe the 5V port on an arduino uno outputs a max of 1 Amp depending on the power source so that should be fine.

100 milliamps would be more like it.

...R

The audio amplifier that powers the speaker might require more power than the Arduino can deliver at 5V. Other than being careful when you turn the volume up, there should be no issue connecting all of those to the 5V pin.

Don't forget to connect the grounds.