problem powering arduino RBBB from batteries

Hi, i am trying to power my RBBB (atmega 328 pu, duemilanove, 5V) with 4 AAA batteries (4,8V 4000mAH). but when i connect the cables from my battery pack to any of the 5V pins and ground my board does not seem to work. If i power it through the FTDI cable everything works fine..

Is there a chance the 4,8 V are not enough and the board only works from 5V and above? i thought that these boards work even with 2,2 voltage supply.

Thank you for any suggestions..

I should be working without problem.

Do you have a multimeter to test the battery pack ?
Could you check the wiring (once more) ?

i don't have a multimeter but from the same battery pack i can successfully power two 6V motors.. i have checked the wiring several times and i know that the 5V pins are working fine because i can power my RBBB from the 5V output of my UNO board.. I was thinking maybe i should snip off the voltage regulator..

nmakro:
Hi, i am trying to power my RBBB (atmega 328 pu, duemilanove, 5V) with 4 AAA batteries (4,8V 4000mAH). but when i connect the cables from my battery pack to any of the 5V pins and ground my board does not seem to work. If i power it through the FTDI cable everything works fine..

Connect it to the FTDI pins.

If it doesn't work, the problem is the batteries.

Scrub that,just realised I was looking at the wrong diagram.

my mistake! my batteries drained out during the night i suppose because i had them connected to the motors and without the motors running or something like that i think that they were drawing current. So i thought that my batteries were fully charged since i hadn't used them and apparently when the motors were moving it was from the ftdi cable and not the batteries.. i thought that the cable was powering only the arduino and not the motors.. but obviously that was not the case.. :stuck_out_tongue:
thanx anyway!!