Is Arduino Due coming?

you can download the new ide at Arduino - Home
I'm curious what the boards.txt looks like.
Looking at the download speed; I'm not the only one downloading
Best regards
Jantje

you can download the new ide at

I love this on that page

WARNING: This software is a beta version, so exspect bugs and..

Rob

Graynomad:

you can download the new ide at

I love this on that page

WARNING: This software is a beta version, so exspect bugs and..

Rob

I exspect allways bugs but I'am old school I make bugs by my self most of the time... ...if I'am in buisness I will other let build bugs for me professionaly.

After a quick glance at the new IDE.
The IDE tools configuration looks amazingly similar to mpide with the platforms.txt files.
It looks like it will now be easy to set/modify compiler and linker flags.
It also appears that flags/defines can be set down to a per board basis using the extensions in
boards.txt similar to what is available in mpide.
This should make things like using floating point xxprintf() code or setting board specific defines much easier.
It also means that moving the maple and chipkit tools sets to this new IDE should be very easy.

One thing that looks like an improvement over mpide is that it appears that there is finally
an attempt at a separation and location for the arduino generic libraries. So now you don't have to keep cloning
library code between the different architectures if it is MCU independent.

--- bill

BTW, I used the new IDE to upload a few sketches to an AVR based board, so the AVR support seems
to be at least somewhat working.

Wanting to put in an order, but 112 Euro to Australia, are you serious, almost twice the cost of the board for shipping, no wonder people buy clones...

I waited a year I suppose I can wait till clones come out, I was expecting a large fee for postage, not daylight robbery.

I don't think there's much the Arduino guys can do if they want to use a courier. I've seen this a lot with small companies who don't have the volume to cut a good deal. It can be a killer for a startup company. I've seen prices of $50 or even $75 for a single (small) bolt.

I think element14 are Arduino resellers so they should have some soon I would guess and they used to have free shipping in Aus although I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Rob

Arduino Due now available for order at Mouser (A000062)! Small quantity on the way with a large order coming in November.

-Tim

pYro_65
unfortunatly the courier from europe to australia is going to expensive... We're not ripping you off.. they are.
We have distributors around the world to alleviate this problem.
I think that accusing us of "daylight robbery" is unfair.

As I said before we can't use the postal shipping because there are way too many packages that get "lost". since there is no way to track then efficently in many countries, we had to ship boards multiple times.

m

MOUSER_EMBEDDED.......nice work. I actually ordered mine from you last night. Great prices too!!

pYro_65..........Sedonia Technologies has them in Australia, but currently out of stock. Maybe check with them to see if you can get on a wait list.

AU $48 +gst

http://www.sedoniatech.com.au/arduino-due.htm

Little Bird has them listed as well. 0 stock of course but maybe when they open tomorrow.

Rob

Mouser Australia will ship once they get them in for $88 AUD including shipping. They will let you order now and just have them backordered so that yours will ship once they are received. Most places won't even let you order till they get them in stock.

Mouser has great prices on all the Arduino stuff. Got my Mega for under $40.

But if courier charges are more than the cost of the board, you could lose half of them and still be ahead of
courier rates.
What percentage of your packages going to Australia are actually "lost"?

You could let the buyers to assume the risk loss for using postal shipping.

--- bill

Anyone see any US retailers that have them for sale?

I don't know about in stock, but Mouser has them at $38 and they will back order it for you.

Adafruit has them up now, but no stock either.

Mouser Australia will ship once they get them in for $88 AUD including shipping.

Ouch! That's nearly $40 for the shipping.

Rob

[quote author=Massimo Banzi link=topic=113460.msg966506#msg966506 date=1350916310]
We're not ripping you off.. they are.
We have distributors around the world to alleviate this problem.[/quote]
Agreed.

I think it is UPS rather than Arduino.cc who are being accused of daylight robbery. And I think it is a fair accusation - people quoting the UPS shipping charges should realise that this is not the end of the story. UPS will show up at your door asking for more money (local sales and import duties, calculated on goods and shipping) plus a substantial 'brokerage fee'.

I just checked out the US postal website and a small flat rate box (Priority Mail International) from US to Australia is $16.95 USD.

I show an estimated ship date of 12/3/12 on my mouser order, but they are going to try and firm that up. As of right now they have 13 available to purchase on their initial stock order of 25.

That US postal shipping info was with a delivery of 6-10 business days and no tracking or insurance available at this price. As soon as you add the tracking and insurance it jumps to roughly $40