A suggedtion(s)

I would like to see .hex and .cpp files inside my project's folder(where .pde is located) when I compile it.
I know those two files are somewhere in application data, but digging to find them is inpractical, and I think that they dissappear
after some time.

Another thing: how do i read hex from board to computer ??
You should add possibility to download from board to PC.

Reading EEPROM state from PC ??

Avrdude

Shoud be implemented in Arduino IDE, avrdude and command line acess is inpractical.
After all, it's not that big problem to implement few buttons and commands, and it would
make playing with Arduino easier, dont you think ?

, and it would make playing with Arduino easier.

I disagree - most people couldn't care less about the program once it has arrived at the processor.
I certainly don't want to see the hex for it.

You could always write a simple sketch to read every location and send it out to the PC.
I don't see a particular use for that myself.

When you test something with arduino and it works, I like to transfer it to another board and make complete project, standalone.
I think for that the cpp and hex files would be useful.
About EEPROM, ok programming board to send serial data containing eeprom values seems acceptable.
All in all, I would like to see Arduino IDE a bit more powerfull :wink:

All in all, I would like to see Arduino IDE a bit more powerfull

I seriously think you've missed the point of Arduino.

"I like to transfer it to another board and make complete project, standalone"

Many of us do that. Either program the chip in the Uno socket, or put ICSP header on standalone board and program it there. Not a big deal.
I have built maybe 20 standalone things since August, doing similar; building in a promini, building up standalone eqiuvalant of a promini (didn't need USB interface), just ATmega-Atmega comms via direct serial), or making boards like in my signature below.

What part needs more power? Most folks just need some more memory, or more serial ports. Easy enough to move up in the 8-bit family for combinations of both.

In 0022, just hold the shift key when you click verify, and look in the messages to see where the files are. In 1.0, this moved to the preferences dialog box, from the File > Preferences menu.

An option to export the hex file is already issue 493, marked as "post-1.0".

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=493

If somebody submits a patch to that issue, it might speed up the process....

it's not that big problem to implement few buttons and commands

Yes, it is. Every button and command you add makes it that much harder for the beginner to understand and use.
Already the "boards" menu has become too crowded (IMO.)

I would like to see a more logical temporary directory scheme for the sketch object and hex files. I liked the old sketchdir/applet scheme much better (mostly.) I understand the new behavior is inherited from Processing, where the build directory has fewer interesting things in it than Arduino...

Yes, it is. Every button and command you add makes it that much harder for the beginner to understand and use.
Already the "boards" menu has become too crowded (IMO.)

LOL,
all commands would be explained in getting started tutorial. And I dont see anything that would be so haaard for begginers to understain. It would just make Arduino more powerfull and useful.
Eventually, there could be two user interfaces: one for begginers, and one for "experts" :slight_smile:

all commands would be explained in getting started tutorial.

The longer the "Getting Started" section is, the more people you will put off using it, and the more people will pitch up here with trivial problems because they gave up after the third paragraph.

And I dont see anything that would be so haaard for begginers to understain.

You haven't been here long, have you?