Looking for these sensors

I'm looking for sensors like the ones on my Kestrel. I think the white one is humidity and the wire behind it is temperature. These are water resistance if not water proof.

Help me find these sensors.

IMG_2457.JPG

Have you contacted the firm that makes Kestrel ? (don't know what the thing is you showed...:slight_smile:

it is a picture of as Kestrel Pocket Weather Meter, a handheld weather station.

I did not call them about it since I want to make my own using an Arduino.

If the humidity sensor is weatherproof its likely to be a standard capacitance based humidity sensor with a gas-permeable protective cover... The temp sensor is likely a thermistor.

Mark, do you have any links to the "standard capacitance based humidity sensor with a gas-permeable protective cover"

I want both sensors.

The temp sensor does look like a thermistor

The humidity sensor from sparkfun are not waterproof.

Hi,

I have some How-To in temp-humidity here:
http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/TemperatureHumidity

Not sure what a "waterproof" humidity sensor would be!

Enclosing the sensor in Tyvek or Tent material or other waterproof but permeable bag might work for an outdoor- compatible sensor. But most outdoor weather sensors simply have a rainproof enclosure..

Regards,
Terry King
terry@yourduino.com

The HIH-5030 has a covered, condensation-proof version the HIH-5031, for instance. I've definitely read about sensors with optional cover.

Its easy to make a liquid-proof gas sensor - that's what a gas-permeable membrane is for (Goretex for instance) - just a membrane with nano-scale holes in it (surface tension makes it impossible for liquid to squeeze through the holes except at extreme pressures). Gas molecules sail through the holes...

Good information, thank you