Coding on windows similar to arduino IDE

Sometimes I'm interested in doing some quick calculations or generating table formatted a certain way or something on my windows machine but I don't want to get into an overly complicated environment just to do something that I could just as easily print out with an arduino sketch.

I'm aware of processing but that is so graphics based, I'm looking for text input, text output type stuff. I would really like if there was something similar (similar coding) that can just spit out a text file or something and maybe if it's very luxurious have a simple way to input numbers while running the code.

Aside form arduino which I have become very familiar with I really only have experience with VB.net. I'd like to go more towards C without having to get into OOP, just simple procedural programming. What should I use?

Thanks

Hi
it is not really clear to me what you want to do.

Sometimes I'm interested in doing some quick calculations or generating table formatted a certain way

For this I would advice to use a spreadsheat program like microsoft excell (commercial) or the open office ( open source) alternative.

I'm looking for text input, text output type stuff.

There is plenty of options here again. There are depending on what you want.
Options that come to mind are bat files; eclipse; visual studio (express version); ... (and plenty of others)

As it is not clear how the text input relates to the text output it is hard to advice on the best tool.

Best regards
Jantje

If you're just trying to get basic stuff done I would recommend Perl and a text editor.

The best reference for learning Perl is the Perl Cookbook by O'Reilly.