cheap sound module: what version is this?

Well if you think about it, the size of the AD4 files that we are playing are only like 21kb. that is such a small fraction compared to 2.5mb per second.

I played small ad4 files and got the same error. Even the SOMO samples files failed to play entirely. Will try to get one of those generic memories. Were you able to try that 2gb memory? IF SOMO 14d works with 2gb, and this module is sharing the same chip. Maybe could work. A coworker is lending me a 2gb card today. Will try to test it.

I read somewhere the the modules would only support up to a 1GB card

I know, but worth the try. Last night I tried my new Sandisk. Same weird behavior. I took the wavs from Windows OS, small ones, and ad4 files only were 2kb long. Converted 16 tracks, some of them played great, other same defect. Only for a few seconds. It is not about the size, there is something wrong with the micro sd card brand, model or the audio module is defective. I requested a new one from eBay vendor.

Posted the library here:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,117009.new.html#new

the-rebel-agent:
I know, but worth the try. Last night I tried my new Sandisk. Same weird behavior. I took the wavs from Windows OS, small ones, and ad4 files only were 2kb long. Converted 16 tracks, some of them played great, other same defect. Only for a few seconds. It is not about the size, there is something wrong with the micro sd card brand, model or the audio module is defective. I requested a new one from eBay vendor.

i had same beahaviour, i solved first encoding the wave into 32khz then converting to AD4

Texo original em portugues.

A Paz meus amigos.

Amigos, eu necessito muito da ajuda de vocês. Comprei 2 modulos WTV020-SD-Mini. Já tem 8 meses que venho tentando fazer esse modulo funcionar e perdi a esperança.
Vi que vocês conseguiram, teria como algum de vocês fazerem um teste para eu saber se meu problema é realmente o cartão de memória. Veja: ele esta tocando se eu apertar play. (Colocando 0 no pino 9) ou seja por botões ele funciona, mas pelo microcontrolador não consigo. Tem como você testar com o microsd Kingston e verificar se ele toca apertando play? (colocando 0 no pino 9) aqui toca e posso mudar de ad4. coloquei 6 arquivos. 0000.ad4 a 0006.ad4 esse é meu código:

text translated by google

Peace my friends.

Friends, I really need your help. I bought two modules WTV020-SD-Mini. Already have eight months I have been trying to make this module work and lost hope.
I saw what you did, would any of you do a test so I know if my problem is really the memory card. You see, he is playing if I hit play. (Put 0 on pin 9) or by buttons it works, but can not by the microcontroller. Its you test with Kingston MicroSD and see if he plays pressing play? (putting 0 on pin 9) plays here and I can change ad4. I put six files. 0000.ad4 the 0006.ad4 this is my code:

Device = 16F628A
Xtal=4
Config CP_OFF, WDT_Off, PWRTE_ON, LVP_OFF, MCLRE_On, BODEN_off, xt_osc
All_Digital=true

Symbol Reset = PORTA.0
Symbol CLK = PORTA.1
Symbol DI = PORTA.2

Dim Dados As Word
Dim X As Byte
Dim T As Word

'Iniciando Modulo
Input Reset
Input CLK
Low DI
DelayMS 100

Inicio:

Dados = 3 'play 0003.ad4
GoSub Resete
GoSub EnviaDados

Stop

GoTo Inicio

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EnviaDados:
Low CLK
DelayMS 2
For X = 15 To 0 Step -1
Low CLK
If GetBit Dados,X = 1 Then
Input DI
Else
Low DI
EndIf
DelayUS 200
Input CLK
DelayUS 200
Next X
Input DI
DelayMS 29
Return

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resete:
Input Reset
Low Reset
DelayMS 5
Input Reset
DelayMS 300
Return

End

onesky:

the-rebel-agent:

i had same beahaviour, i solved first encoding the wave into 32khz then converting to AD4

Which program are you using to convert/tranform wav? Audacy? I tried all of them last week and got same results.

#wanderlg, your EnviarDatos() is wrong. Why don't you translate my library posted here:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,117009.0.html

Pretty sure I will work. And I can not test mp3 mode cause my module is only serial control mode.

the strange thing is that he is playing the files using the buttons. touches not only using serial data. which may be? already tested it with 2GB sandisk microsd, but not yet tested it with microsd sandisk 1GB or less. help.

Argentina. enviadados on routine. I've tried many ways and nothing. not seem to be wrong, but already modified in every way. I've got your routine and remade in basic, but still not play.

Argentina. if it is not asking too much, you have to send me a 2 files already converted me to see if this is my problem?

Try to translate my latest version. Early version was not good. Had to reset it every time I played a voice. I am attaching a file for you. This one plays more than 10 secs for me. And BTW, I did test a 2gb Kingston card and did not work. Our modules don't support more that 1gb. Are you sure you have the same module?

0013.ad4 (3.06 MB)

#Argentina. this is my module: WTV020-SD-mini
as you click the one with bit 0 on pin 9, your module does not play?

now I have to leave, but so I'll try to get some more. I've slept and nights without anything. I stopped with 2 modules or 8 months.

thank you for your attention and help.

much peace.

the-rebel-agent:
#wanderlg, your EnviarDatos() is wrong. Why don't you translate my library posted here:

Pretty sure I will work. And I can not test mp3 mode cause my module is only serial control mode.

used goldwave first and then the somo as linked before

wanderlg:
#Argentina. this is my module: WTV020-SD-mini
as you click the one with bit 0 on pin 9, your module does not play?

now I have to leave, but so I'll try to get some more. I've slept and nights without anything. I stopped with 2 modules or 8 months.

thank you for your attention and help.

much peace.

Look, It seems you have a control key audio module and we a serial control mode module. Each can't perform both. It is hardwired. You should ask the vendor which mode shipped to you. Mine is serial, so I can't test it in key mode.

onesky:

the-rebel-agent:

used goldwave first and then the somo as linked before

Will try that. Keep you posted.

the strange thing is that my module is the same as you show in a photo and a video. have the same module. My buttons can be configured and also for serial.

I use exactly this module.

I give up. this shit does not work. that sucks. ta giving the will of a sledgehammer on top of that module.