Make: It Robotics Starter Kit

My line following robot also only go straight line. Please let me know if you have any advices on how to test the optical sensor within the kit.

I have the kit but when i built the walker robot only one leg moved. It was like the sensor wasn't working, but when i checked it everything was working fine. Can anyone help me?

Radio Shack is closing most stores and all items were 60 to 80%, I purchased the starter kit and the last two add-on kit for a discount price. My grandson and I build the walker kit. I didn't know that I also needed the Uno R3 USB interface until I built the kit. Surprise, the only way to get a R3 interface was to order one online.
I received the programer, followed the instructions, keep getting the error message when loading. I am no amateur in electronics, I have spent many hours but still a problem. I get not help on the Radio shack site, so I will try this site, thanks for all the help.
I have uninstalled all software and reloaded, all files in are one folder. When I click on the, examples/stater kit/ walk.ino, the Arduino program opens, I click load, get error. At first the yellow led was blinking, now it is only steady on.
I will keep trying all help within this forum.
This has not been a good experience for me or my grandson, just frustration,,,,,,,,,

Hi,
hotrod, try your robot in subdued light or darkened room, someone else found the optical interrupters, if it has any, responded more to ambient light than the built in emitter LED.

Just a thought.. Tom..... :slight_smile:

I finally got the walk file loaded. I uninstalled 1.6 and tried 1.0 arduino version.
But now the problem is only one side moves. Switched motor wires so both motors work.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
i have purchased the RadioShack kit mentioned in this thread but the site to download the file is no longer available. Does anyone know where else i can get the files?

Make-it-Robotics-Starter-Kit-Support-Files.zip

Thank you
Alex Belenkiy

can anyone share the support file please.. I really need it too... Tnx

you can download files from www.instructables.com or the blog http://joepitz.wordpress.com/

Thank you so much Breton... you save my day... again thank you

BRETON:
you can download files from www.instructables.com or the blog http://joepitz.wordpress.com/

This site has moved, here is the new link. Shouldn't somebody just put this on github? Although I am very grateful Joe put it up there.

http://www.joestechblog.com/2014/09/15/makeit-robotics-starter-kit-download-files/

So, just checked and RadioShack actually did put it on GitHub, but didn't bother to tell anyone:

GitHub - RadioShackCorp/2770168-MakeItRobotics-Starter-Kit: Support files, user's guide, library files, and example sketches for RadioShack Make: it Robotics Starter Kit (SKU 2770168) The Product Manager in me decided to submit an issue Document Installation into Arduino IDE · Issue #1 · RadioShackCorp/2770168-MakeItRobotics-Starter-Kit · GitHub

I got everything downloaded as it said to in the first message, but I can't upload it to the arduino. Can anyone help?

Hi everybody,

I recently got the starter kit and the other project kits, but when I loaded the linefollow program on to the arduino it only moves forward an inch and then stops. I've already gone through the wiring a million times and have even put new batteries in. What should I do?

Dear all,

anyone know where i can find the kit and buy it. i cant find it anymore on RadioShack website.

please help

Best Regards,
Bakeer

i want help finding a way to use this motor shield for other projects but i don't know where to start....can someone help me controlling the motors with a wired remote control with two buttons...each button connected to a motor....thanks

I can not find the library. I found it on Github but the IDE wont take it because of the numbers. Please help

Hi!

I have a question!

I just bought the Radio Shack Make it Robotics kit 2.

I built the catapult Robot and it works fine.

So I decided to go Remote, and downloaded Catapult_IR software.
It compiled great.

I got the remote and pressed the go Forward button and nothing happen, I pressed the backward button again nothing happen.

when I turn on the Remote the red Led came on, I got my Ipad and turn on the camera and looked at the IR_Led and saw nothing.

Can you help me with this problem pleas?

Than ks

Frank G

:slight_smile: Hi!

I have a question to ask.

I built the Radio shack Starter Robotic Kit Catapult and it works fine, However when I went to use the
two remote version it did not work.

It has two versions of Remotes, one is called Home Remote and the other is IR Remote.

The Home remote is the one you use with your TV.
The IR Remote is another kit you buy.

My question is: In the book # 2770170 user's Guide on page 32 item (25) it show one IR receiver
that is not in the kit 2.

I called 3 to 5 Radio sack stores and nobody can give me an answer about that part.
I also e-mail Radio Shack, no responds yet 3 weeks ago.

Has anyone built that kit and used any of the remotes versions.

Thank you
Frank g.

Hi
I bought the Make:It Robotic kit with all three hardware projects and controllers. I just went to the Radio Shack site and they no longer have and of the software available @ shack.net. Can someone help me in getting the code?

I hate to revive a zombie thread, but in case someone else finds this, the Radio Shack stuff is also at GitHub