Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches

I want to say thank you for all your hard work and hard time.

Let me start by explaining what i am trying to do with my arduino project. I have basically created an arduino aquarium monitor/controller for my fish tank. Basically I started my projected by dividing it up into about 15 mini projects. So i took care of each individual project and eventually combine them all into one. To do this have the main program void setup (){setupprogram1(); setupprogram2(); }..... I quickly realized the arduino ide was just really hard to work with on my larger project so i used notepad++ and then copied the program to arduino ide for compiling and uploading. I tried before to create a file for each project in arduino and get it to compile them but i got missing invalid function errors.

Now after doing some research i find out that eclipse is much better and more capable of doing exactly what i would like. I previous to finding this amazing plugin i tried to follow some tutorials, but they didn't go well. My problem is i am still trying to find out how to create a multifile program and i just can't seem to find what i am looking for by searching. This usually means i am searching for the wrong thing lol.

Greatly appreciate the help

P.S. keep up the great work