[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

That ensures the hex files are always on the same place so you do not need to mess with copying build paths into the programmer (if somebody uses an external programmer). Inclusion in the setup - it is up to you..

pito:
That ensures the hex files are always on the same place so you do not need to mess with copying build paths into the programmer (if somebody uses an external programmer). Inclusion in the setup - it is up to you..

True but you at least need to select the HEX file once right?, so I think it is more work (because you have to select the correct hex file and browse to the path): 2012-08-14_1550

Don't you think? :slight_smile:

It is matter of taste :slight_smile: Whatever sketch I compile, after compilation the hex is in buld.folder so opening my programmer offers that hex and I just clik on it (within the programmer). So at least once per session you have to click on the hex :slight_smile:

PS: maybe you have to place your [MOD] topic into "Using Arduino: Installation and Troubleshooting" forum item..
PS1: is the dotnet 4 installation safe? - I do not want to mess too much with my XP setup, so trying to avoid experiments...

Safe? it is official from MS and it is offered as update in Windows Update so I am pretty sure it is very safe :smiley:

I thought about using a more older framework to avoid users to need .net 4 (version 4 has more than 2 years already btw), but I found that some stuff I was using like the x64 detection to install the drivers with ease was only available in "hacky"/ugly ways in older versions, so at the end I decided to set 4 for cleanliness.

About the forum, maybe this is a wrong place, I was not sure. If some moderator think it has to be somewere else, please move it

How about letting the user choose where the libraries folder is (like the user can with the sketch book)?

mattallen37:
How about letting the user choose where the libraries folder is (like the user can with the sketch book)?

It is doable, but since the preferences in this version are not shared with other arduino ides and the sketch folder can contain the libraries I don't think it is too useful, what do you think?

I hadn't realized that I could place my custom libraries in the sketch book. Thanks for the info, and because of that, I agree that it is unnecessary.

Hello, this is a tweaked Arduino IDE 1.0.1, hope you enjoy it!

Can you provide a little summary of the enhanced functions ?

Screen captures are not so explicit for me.

JLB

jihelbi:

Hello, this is a tweaked Arduino IDE 1.0.1, hope you enjoy it!

Can you provide a little summary of the enhanced functions ?

Screen captures are not so explicit for me.

JLB

Hi, which one for example?

Sorry I misunderstand the title of the post.

It's not an enhanced IDE... It's only a windows intaller...

No news in the IDE itself.

JLB

jihelbi:
Sorry I misunderstand the title of the post.

It's not an enhanced IDE... It's only a windows intaller...

No news in the IDE itself.

JLB

There are some hacks in the IDE but they are little, and the snapshots reflects them, like the icon, template.

Hi,

Fantastic work! I received a free license for the cross-platform installer from the guys of Bitrock, specifically for the purpose of making a multi platform installer for Arduino. If you want to use it, I could forward it to you.

mrTee:
Hi,

Fantastic work! I received a free license for the cross-platform installer from the guys of Bitrock, specifically for the purpose of making a multi platform installer for Arduino. If you want to use it, I could forward it to you.

Well, some of the features are exclusive for Windows (and I am pretty happy since like hundred years using Inno Setup :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) so I am not sure if that will benefit the product.

Thanks anyway!

BTW I am finishing and testing the second release with few changes:
http://screencast.com/t/tMrI7PndS00

What is the difference between this ERW and the arduino software zip file 90.2 MB ?
I have installed this ERW today for Uno 3. I need that arduino software also ?

MohitJindal:
What is the difference between this ERW and the arduino software zip file 90.2 MB ?
I have installed this ERW today for Uno 3. I need that arduino software also ?

No, you do not need the 90 mb one. I trimmed the official one XD

Hi,

I think the idea of a windows setup.exe is a good one, I do something similar myself, http://www.kicchip.co.uk/download/arduino/1.0.1/setup.exe but yours seems to have more features than mine.

One reason I used an installer was so that the installation path could be stored in the windows registry, that way my other software knows where to look for all the arduino related files. Is that a feature you could add to your setup so I could use yours instead?

P.S I use inno for my setup.

michaelcollier:
Hi,

I think the idea of a windows setup.exe is a good one, I do something similar myself, http://www.kicchip.co.uk/download/arduino/1.0.1/setup.exe but yours seems to have more features than mine.

One reason I used an installer was so that the installation path could be stored in the windows registry, that way my other software knows where to look for all the arduino related files. Is that a feature you could add to your setup so I could use yours instead?

P.S I use inno for my setup.

Well, what specifically you need? Because as this package includes an installer you can always get the path from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<Wow6432Node for x64 machines>\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{APP GUID FROM INNO SCRIPT}_is1

In this package the GUID I used is:

8220E838-DFF3-45AA-B338-EC34684489EA

And I will use that one forever. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, I'm on my laptop so can't check the key I was writing to exactly, but basically I was storing the arduino IDE version as the key and the exectable path for arduino.exe for that version

"Registry Key"/Arduino/Version/1.0.1.0 ExePath "C:\ProgramFiles\Arduino1.0.1

My applications need to be able to scroll through all versions of installed arduino so a key is created for each install as above.

michaelcollier:
Thanks for the info, I'm on my laptop so can't check the key I was writing to exactly, but basically I was storing the arduino IDE version as the key and the exectable path for arduino.exe for that version

"Registry Key"/Arduino/Version/1.0.1.0 ExePath "C:\ProgramFiles\Arduino1.0.1

My applications need to be able to scroll through all versions of installed arduino so a key is created for each install as above.

Well, I am not particulary fan of adding things to registry. In fact I haven't added anything in the setup extra to any directory or registry rater than the ultra-required one, like unninstaller.

I am sure that you have more than enough info in the registry to autodetect last version XD

Captura.PNG