Easydriver (stepper) and accelerometer (MMA7260Q)

Hi Paul,

thank you for your response. I do know the difference between acceleration and velocity (acceleration being the derivative of velocity with respect to time). When I said "motion" I was referring to acceleration or tilt (accelerometer should detect gravity in whatever axis is experiencing it?).

So technically, if I were to quickly strike the accelerometer, the change in velocity (acceleration) should produce a stepping sequence of lets say, 200 steps for example. I understand that the arduino is busy stepping the motor and will not read any info from the accelerometer during this process. Once the stepping process is done, the next accelerometer reading should be the "baseline" again because there is no acceleration. Therefore, it should step backwards 200 steps to the starting position?

The next condition would be tilting the accelerometer. By tilting it, the y axis should feel gravity, should it not? Then, it should move a prescribed amount. If it is still tilted the same amount when the stepping sequence is done, it should remain in that position. Once it is set back down on the table, and the y axis does not feel gravity, it should go back to the home position?

I hope this is more clear? I would really like to get this working.

Thank you again.

Chris