Software to programming with logic blocks

Hello everyone, I'm developing a software to program arduino with graphic blocks (and, or, limit, level, Switch, conv-IR, SetReset, etc..). I have already developed the IDE and I made the block connections with wires. XD
My idea was to create a source code generator, then pass it to the arduino to make and load.
Soon will finish the first version (0.1) with some blocks to go. :astonished:

At least I try.
I developed with vb6
I hope it will be a good idea :wink:

So are going to name it VisualArduino? :wink:

Good luck with your project.

Lefty

I tried modkit editor, but what I'm developing is not with that kind of block. modkit is really easy, but one to which I'm working is really strong. :%

Can you post some sneak preview images ... ?

Programming is like this

In addition, I added the ability to create pages to expand the program with possible links between the blocks of two different pages.

image0111.jpg

Thanks for posting the image but unfortunately the quality is unreadable at best (but that might be on purpose for a sneak preview?)

I developed with vb6

You were doing so good. Too bad you had to spoil it.

PaulS:
You were doing so good. Too bad you had to spoil it.

=( You're right, it is not the best, but do it before and it's quite simple.
On linux then I think we can run with WINE since I do not use special libraries. :wink:
Tomorrow I will try to post a picture of the progam. :fearful:

As promised, I attach two screenshots of the program.
:drooling_face:

Interesting, there is another program I saw a while ago that did similar things. The idea is nice, I'm just sceptical as large sketches would become very busy on screen without a smart way of organising things. I'm only guessing though, I tend not to use the "drag 'n' drop" options with the editors I use.

I decided to organize the program in pages (functions), some blocks will draw pages directly at the point of execution or after a certain time (task type).
I thought of including certain functions with a free text editor that runs in the same way so you can run code in graphic detail that would be complex.
Some functions will be connected to the trigger, according to type of hardware.

I enclose a screenshot that manages the opening of a damper according of a DI or a temperature level of AI.

In the future I would like to also enter Proportional Integral etc. for the adjustments

Ciao

I'm just sceptical as large sketches would become very busy on screen without a smart way of organising things.

It would be a nice feature if the application recognizes that a certain block is becoming large and automatically proposes to make / split of it a function.

Yeah that's a good method, I'm thinking along the lines of collapse-able code segments translated to collapse-able groups of objects.

robtillaart:

I'm just sceptical as large sketches would become very busy on screen without a smart way of organising things.

It would be a nice feature if the application recognizes that a certain block is becoming large and automatically proposes to make / split of it a function.

Right, I made ??a function "GOTO" that performs a set of blocks defined. With a double click in the header of the block splits.

Great. All blocks that link to pages included in the project behave this way
thanks for the tip

hi how to proceed the developement of the software , im interessing to have a copy for evalutation
regard

Looks like a reinvention of PLC ladder logic programming?

Ceratinly not ladder logic. its Function Block Diagram (FBD language).
Apparently Gabriele75 is continuing is project far from the community as the last post from him is 1.5 year old. =(