Make more sound

Hello,

With the Arduino, I can make basic sounds. But these sounds are very very basics. So, I'd like to know if it would be possible to play more sounds with arduino? Read mp3 would be very good, but I found that I must buy a shield. But it's too expensive for me. Would it be possible to use my computer in place of the shield?

Thanks in advance.

PS : Sorry for my bad English I'm French^^.

If you want to make sounds through a computer, do it through the computer and forget about Arduino.

If instead you want some fun Arduino Audio projects, consider these -

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

I AM A BEGINNER IN THIS PROJECT WITH BASIC ELECTRIC KNOWLEDGE , CAN YOU HELP ME ? GIVE ME A GUIDE HOW TO DEVELOP A PROTOTYPE HEAD PHONE'S AND EAR BUD ,TINY POCKET SPEAKER FOR MP-3 OR SMART PHONE'S

The Arduino isn't an ideal platform for that kind of audio project. What did you think its role would be?

Please don't SHOUT.

You can play simple (short) audio samples with the PCMAudio library
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/PCMAudio

For longer audio, you would need to store them on an SD card and read them into the arduino.

For MP3, you need a decoder chip.

You could of course use the arduino to control a cheap MP3 player

Thank yo ufor your answers.

I don't want to buy anything, because I don't have any money^^. I don't have any job I'm still to school.

But, the MP3 hacking is interesting me. I'd like to do it with mine, wich is 4 go. But the jack connector is dead. I removed it and now I have 4 connecting on the motherboard. How can I connect a speaker to that? Because a speaker only has 2 connecting?

Then, to connect it and control it with the Arduino board, it looks easy.

SauvalDanny:
Thank yo ufor your answers.

I don't want to buy anything, because I don't have any money^^. I don't have any job I'm still to school.

But, the MP3 hacking is interesting me. I'd like to do it with mine, wich is 4 go. But the jack connector is dead. I removed it and now I have 4 connecting on the motherboard. How can I connect a speaker to that? Because a speaker only has 2 connecting?

Then, to connect it and control it with the Arduino board, it looks easy.

The output form your player will be stereo, left and right, get some headphones and plug them into jack you have removed, you can then see how the left and right speakers on the headphones are connected.

Its usually just left, right and common connected to a Stereo jack.

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

I successfully found the correct connecting. So, is it possible to convert the stereo sound to be played on only one speaker?

Thank you for your answer.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1240169

Scroll down the page and you will see this simple circuit to combine stereo to mono.