Arduino easy ESC programming Tutorial

Hey, I made my first tutorial on instructables.com . It is made for programming ESC's for controlling Brushlessmotors with the Arduino. It is my first one, i hope it corresponds the usual standarts.

greetings from Germany! :slight_smile:

Execuse me, here is the URL: :smiley:

Hi, Thank you so much for the tutorial.
I'm working on a project using this ESC. (Hobbyking 20A UBEC)
I wander if this ESC could have the motor direction changed? What I mean by that is that could I rotate it clockwise and then counterclockwise?
I have tried to control the BLDC with the servo library and it looks like i can only control the throttle of it.
In my project, I will need to control the BLDC in both direction. Do I need to get another ESC or can I program the ESC in someway to achieve that goal?

Best Regards

Ziyanfly:
I wander if this ESC could have the motor direction changed? What I mean by that is that could I rotate it clockwise and then counterclockwise?
I have tried to control the BLDC with the servo library and it looks like i can only control the throttle of it.
In my project, I will need to control the BLDC in both direction. Do I need to get another ESC or can I program the ESC in someway to achieve that goal?

You can only change the rotation by swapping any of the two wires on the ESC, unless it's an car-ESC that supports brake and reverse. If it's not intended for a car, you cannot change the direction of the motor by means of the servo control signal.

// Per.