Standalone Datacollecting Webserver

Tom,

I first noticed your post in the thread by Llukkari and replied there, but now reading this post I understand a little better your setup.

I understand the Arduino is in the forest and is not connected to the outside world in any way?
But a person can go up to the weather station which has WiFi capabilities and can connect to it this way.

I am guessing you will be only wanting certain authorised personnel having access to the weather station?

I have a thought, but it needs more thinking,
It should be possible to store on the laptop that goes to site, all the needed html and javascript and css files.
This could be relatively easy if your laptop uses linux, such as Ubuntu, or if you have Mac laptops as these have built in web servers already to go.
I am unsure how you do this if you use that confounded other well known OS, which will remain nameless.

To do this you would need to configure your laptop as a server, so essentially you would serve your own resources.
Again, I haven't done this, but I think such an idea might work.
It would be very fast.

You want graphing?
I use highcharts, I like it as it is very customisable and able to represent your data very nicely.
I am currently playing around with this on my site, and am looking to having many more features for displaying data as I do in my industrial SCADA systems.

On my system (in my sig and under development), the Arduino is both a server and a client as well as running UDP to get correct time from a time sever.
All the content is now hosted off the Arduino, but earlier I had it being served from the Arduino.
Keep us posted.

Kind regards,
Paul