Yet Another Forth for Arduino

Hello All,

I've written a Forth environment for the Arduino Uno in C. It currently support all but one word from the draft ANSI Forth specification, DPANS94. It is written completely in C in the Arduino IDE, so it should be able to be ported to other Arduinos. I could use some help in debugging it and improving its architecture, but it is still quite usable as is. I'm happy to release it to the wild under the GPL V2 if people are interested in it. I'm just not sure how to release it for people to find it.

Please let me know if there is any interest!

Thanks,

Stuart

To clarify, It supports all but one word from the CORE word set.

Stuart

sdwood68:
I'm happy to release it to the wild under the GPL V2 if people are interested in it. I'm just not sure how to release it for people to find it.

You could check out Gitorious or Github. Sourceforge is a possibility too, or maybe even Savannah. I used Sourceforge long ago, and I don't know what they're doing these days - back then, I think I updated using CVS. I hope they've upgraded to something else. What hosting you choose will depend on your comfort level with the version-control software they're using, and what sort of capabilities you think you'll want.

justjed:
What hosting you choose will depend on your comfort level with the version-control software they're using, and what sort of capabilities you think you'll want.

I would want something pretty light and and easy, since I honestly don't think there would a huge amount of interest and therefor not a lot of people who would contribute. Easy access for people who want to try it out and a way to give me feedback on improvements and implementation mistakes.

Thanks

Here is my initial release GitHub - sdwood68/YAFFA: YAFFA - Yet Another Forth For Arduino. I would love comments and suggestions on how to improve this. I am working on improving/fixing the ram based dictionary.

I'm not a Forth programmer. But I applaud your efforts, and your release!

Thanks, I've started a thread over in "Other Software Development" http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,140305.0.html