Datasheets, reliable websites, or available ebooks

Hi!
Some questions regarding where to get datasheets (appologies if this is posted in the wrong forum).
I've been searching on the net for datasheets, especially the 7400-series. But either I am doing something wrong, or there is many "false positives". When searching for datasheets I get a lot of links/hits in Google, DuckDuckGo, "insert your search engine here", but none of them have the datasheet I'm looking for ( is this some form af search engine manipulation?).

So if someone could point me in the general direction of:

1 Sites that have a COMPLETE archive of datasheets for the 7400- and the 4000-series ICs.

1. Sites that have complete datasheet books in ebook format (for my Kindle).

I would be eternally gratefull. Don't mind if I have to pay for this, but just can't find them!!!
:slight_smile:

Cheers

It's best to either go direct to manufacturers now or to reputable distributors that carry links to datasheets (Digi-Key, Mouser, etc.) Like you, I get frustrated searching for datasheets using search engines due to SEO manipulation.

For example, Texas Instruments is a good site to go to for datasheets. They also have a very comprehensive logic guide. It doesn't have datasheets but it does have all their part numbers, which you can then look up using their search engine.

--
The Rugged Audio Shield: Line In, Mic In, Headphone Out, microSD socket, potentiometer, play/record WAV files

Thank you RuggedCircuit, the guide is download and reading commenced! :slight_smile:
Appreciate to hear that i am not the only one struggeling with this!
Cheers.

A last question:
Is it feasible to talk about establishing an open source/no profit - wikipedia like site for datasheets??

cheers

Searching on Google these days gets you 100 Wannabe sellers disguised as DAtaSheet sites, and a lot of confusion.

I am looking at datasheets almost every day, and the one site I love is: http://www.datasheets.com/search/

Free signup. Easy download of datasheets (look at upper left). And a really wide database of parts.

They also show what is in stock and prices at Digikey etc. on the right. (That's their business model).

I have communicated a few times with the developers and they are very helpful.

I don't go anywhere else now, except sometimes to the manufacturer's site after I've seen a datasheet, to look for application notes etc...

I like using Adafruit's Part Finder.

http://www.adafruit.com/partfinder/

Most of the parts you would use in a hobby project (and could get easy help on) are listed there. There are links to datasheets and distributors.

I use

a lot.

Also find the part on Mouser/Digikey/et al and there is usually a link to the data sheet on the product page.

Rob

Thank you for your answers. Browser bookmarks updated :slight_smile:

A data sheet site that I like, because it is not annoying to use versus being as "complete" as some of the others is http://www.datasheetcatalog.com.

Thank you, added to my list of bookmarks!

not really a datasheet but valuable imho - http://openbookproject.net/electricCircuits/ -

updated link

Stray '-' at the end of that link causes a 404 error.

Rob

Search for the full part number, so a 7400 you'd search for "74HC00 datasheet pdf"
Add "datasheet" and "pdf" to increase your hit rate, try to find a direct link to the pdf, it saves a lot of faffing about with poorly designed and visually noisy sites like "alldatasheet.com" or whatever that open 3 tabs just to get to the pdf. Having said that alldatasheet does tend to have all the datasheets tucked away somewhere, and lists by manufacturer.

I wonder if there's a FireFox add-on to search out all the datasheets relevant to the current webpage (wouldn't surprise me!)

What is it about datasheet sites that they have to be so bloody hard to get information?

Half the time there are 20 large/flashing/graphical links to crap you aren't interested in and the real link is in 6 point text at the bottom of the page (if it's there at all).

I don't think alldatasheet.com is that bad but as you say you do have to load about 3 pages to get the PDF which is a pain, it's clear enough, just annoyingly indirect.

Rob

Graynomad:
What is it about datasheet sites that they have to be so bloody hard to get information?

Half the time there are 20 large/flashing/graphical links to crap you aren't interested in and the real link is in 6 point text at the bottom of the page (if it's there at all).

I don't think alldatasheet.com is that bad but as you say you do have to load about 3 pages to get the PDF which is a pain, it's clear enough, just annoyingly indirect.

Thank You Sir, I second that one!!!

The sites are driving me nuts exactly for that reason!

Thank you to all posters, links and tips are meticulously preserved for future reference! :smiley: