How do you guys organize?

Hello,

I have a piano type tool box thing to organize my components, but where do you guys keep your breadboard wires? I'm using a small ziplock sandwich bag at the moment and its starting to deteriorate.

I have some shelf bins normally used for screws and whatnot for components, some large bins for larger junk. Loose project wire usually ends up in a baggie in one of the large bins, breadboard wire ends up back in the box it came in, or for the long wires in a old hard candy container similar to something you would get oatmeal out of

Wires are in a small cardboard box with a folding lid; pack of jeweller's screwdrivers and pliers / cutters in similar box, that my blackberry came in; small components are in plastic medicine containers- seven people in the house, we get through a huge number of such containers!; Uno and shields currently in service on the Magician chassis.

Right now I would hesitiate to use the word organized though...

Timely advice!

medicine containers! thats a good idea.

Very, very badly.

I live in a one room condominimum and it takes some conviction to set up a 'working space'. I invested in an array of lidded plastic-boxes of different size. They are stackable and transparent so I can look into 'em from the outside .. that spares some messing around. Both ends of my room is concealed by curtains. They cover my 'raised on edge bed', my books, some clothing and a lot of junk .. they'r a strike of genius as it helps keeping my head clear and somewhat out of reach from a potential giant mess. My latest adaptation is to move my 'work-space' away from my table .. or rather, I've raised the level of the table (stacking plastic-boxes), and now spent the time standing instead of sitting! /That/ does wonders to my back, and at night I really feel exhausted and ready for a jump into the sack (try standing for 8 hours and you'll see what I mean).

Aw man, I know how you feel. I stand for 8 hours for my job. Its so nice to sit down afterwards.