need fast lcd

Hello. I need a fast lcd to connect to arduino.
I do not know where and what to buy. I found a lcd called smartgpu, but it is too expensive ($89 + $23 shipping)
LINK: http://vizictechnologies.com/#/smart-gpu/4554296549
use: I use the LCD to create some game like "snake", "paint" and "tris"
some good lcd to propose?

I want lcd look like this:

There are quite a few TFt screen threads just below your own.

Maybe this will be of interest - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,125034.0.html

HI,

I also have a question about display speed... Now I have bought display module with ST7735R and it has SPI connection. great because not so much wires are required...
But I have spotted very lack of speed in complete display redraw (or of huge areas). Full display rewrite can take about 2 second (I guess, but it is well seen). This write speed is really insufficient in my project - is it caused by limits of SPI bus or library optimalization ?

Am I right guessing that display on parallel connection redraws whole display area much faster?
I looked on video on first post - display seems to redraw faster and as I see a lot of wires it should be parrallel connected...

I need a fast lcd to connect to arduino.

Try those quad-channel MIPI glasses.

The issue there is if your arduino can keep up.

I'm using an SSD1289 here: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,140111.0.html

Using a parallel connection on a mega I can clear the screen over 51 times a second. I'm in the middle of finishing up a beta release of a library for it, which I will release very soon.

But regardless of my library, the screen is cheap, it has a touch sensing screen, and works very well with an Arduino Mega ( don't bother with the UNO setup if you want speed ).

The SSD1289 (and probably most other similar controllers) can also be run in 8-bit mode instead of the full 16-bit mode usually used if you're really tight on I/O

This lcd is compatible with arduino due:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-2-inch-TFT-LCD-module-w-Fonts-IC-arduino-DUE-MEGA-AVR-STM32-font-2-8-3-5-/121049989612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f2441ec
What do you think?

i found this lcd (ssd1289):

my question are:
1- i need some shield?
2- is arduino mega2560 compatible?
3- is arduino due compatible?

Try those quad-channel MIPI glasses.

Hey, dhenry, your ignorance is really showing - they're called "lanes"

You will need a shield and personal opinion only run a mega, especially if you are looking at speed. In addition to that opinion, buy from someone you can get support from I would suggest, if you want a 3.2, do the sainsmart shield and TFT on a mega with the UTFT library.

Could anyone confirm me, that SPI LCDs are much slower than parallel (8 or 16 bit) connected ones?
I am asking because mine with ST7735 redraws really slow (2sec for full screen area) and I want to know if this is normal or if it needs some tweaks or library mods.

SSD1289 driver is hopefully often used in modules sold on ebay and DX.. Looking for one of them, but rather prefer something smaller (around 2") - will continue searching, listings are thousands of tft`s.

Many displays modules with SSD1289 are not directly pluggable into Arduino, I need a shield pin converter - understood. But these pin converter PCBs are without active components, arent they? I`d like to save my money and do a connection with female to male cables if it is possible.

The shields usually contain a 5 volt to 3.3 volt converter for the logic signals. Unless you are using a 3.3 volt arduino, you'll need the extra board.

If the logic signals are unidirectional, the only voltage converter you'll need is a voltage divider per line.

I read/write from my SSD1289, and all it has is 10k resistors on the lines and a pot on the back light, easy enough to reproduce, the shield is just a luxury.

Helium328PU:
Could anyone confirm me, that SPI LCDs are much slower than parallel (8 or 16 bit) connected ones?
I am asking because mine with ST7735 redraws really slow (2sec for full screen area) and I want to know if this is normal or if it needs some tweaks or library mods.

I can't confirm it but I think serial is slower than parallel. I only have a Uno and a SPI Philips LCD 132x132, but managed to tweak some slow library for it from a very slow clearing speed up to about 21Hz. I broke apart compatibility, lowered the number of colors and sacrificed memory for performance. Now the screen flickers between updates, and I don't know how to get rid of that. Anyways, logically thinking, sending one or two bytes at once over parallel interface should always be faster than syncing the same data over SPI bit by bit like this.. I would need a similar parallel LCD for testing to know better though.
Edit: The obvious solution to flickering was not to clear the whole screen if only very few pixels changed state..