My 3x3x3 and 5x5x5 LED cube

WonderTiger:
You're absolutely right with the statement you made. However I think a good meter will be a good investment though(for my study and other projects in the near future) even if it isnt really meaningful for these kinds of projects yet.

I agree mostly about good test equipment being a near lifetime investment that will pay good dividends for a long long time. After working for decades in the electronics industry I found that fluke meters and tektronix scopes were all I ever wanted to own for personal use.

But the point is that arduino beginners should be encouraged that their first purchase to make after their arduino board is a DMM, well before obtaining any other components and/or modules for their various projects. So the $10 DMMs serve a good purpose in at least getting them started on the right path. Many young people starting out just can't yet afford the investment costs of say a Fluke meter, but can swing for a $10 DMM which is much better then no DMM at all which all too many appear to have.

Lefty