Which controller for a 24V DC motor ?

Hi,

I'm actually trying tu build a one wheel balanced skateboard.

I have this motor Account Suspended

And an arduino DUE ( connected to a gyro and accelerometer).

I'm planning to make this work on 24V because i need 2 N.m torque on the motor.

My question is : How do i control this motor ? What is the best, arduino compatible, controller for this ? And, is this hard to code or i should find all what i need on the internet ?

Thanks for your futures answers.

Have you considered a gear-motor. 3000rpm is more than you need.

A smaller motor through a reduction gear might be more economic.

My motor is ok. I need 6N.m on the weel so 1/3 reductor will be perfect for this :slight_smile:

Can you help me for the controller ? :smiley:

Thanks

this my help u Robot Power Products - Simple-H & HV - H-bridge
or u can build it your self if u now how to use iron soldiering the question is how much Amps uneed

Firstly the motor is rated at 1.2Nm - doesn't matter what voltage you use, torque depends only on current and current is
limited by winding overheating, so you need a 5:1 or 6:1 reduction.

The motor is nominally 23A (for 1.2Nm) but will easily pull hundreds of amps at stall if the power supply can provide it
so you want to choose a supply that will limit the current to 25 or 30A or so (ie a supply that recovers
gracefully from overload, rather than cutting out).

If you are running from lead-acid batteries you will need a current limiting device of some sort to prevent
damage (mechanical or electrical), so a motor controller that has current sensing and limiting would be
a good choice.

If you only need 14A or less continuous with intermittent peaks upto 30A then this is a possible controller:
Pololu - VNH2SP30 Motor Driver Carrier MD01B - but you'll need to work out the kind of load (torque)
is needs to produce to get an estimate of current.