Cant burn new bootloader

I've got an ATmega328P on an UNO and I'm trying to burn the lilypad bootloader onto it, to use on a breadboard. So I select "Lilypad Arduino w/ ATmega328" and try burning it with any program and I get an error. "Content mismatch" or "protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51". Errors with any program. So then I try "ATmega328 on a breadboard (8 MHz internal clock)" from http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard and I get the exact same errors. Is this a 328/328P thing? I'm having trouble finding anything that make sense on google. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

After uploading the Arduino ISP Sketch, do you disable reset?

No, it that something I need to do first? I don't really know much about that.

The addendum to that web page...

To burn the bootloader, follow these steps:

1. Upload the ArduinoISP sketch onto your Arduino board. (You'll need to select the board and serial port from the Tools menu that correspond to your board.)

1.5 Disable reset on your Arduino board. Instructions are here...
Arduino Playground - DisablingAutoResetOnSerialConnection

1. Wire up the Arduino board and microcontroller as shown in the diagram to the right.

Aha. I should've known my problem was caused by not following directions. I'll give that a try later on and report back

I have tried the same many times. i own a UNO and 2009 but UNO is something different with the Bootloading thing because of the Optiboot Bootloader(to the minor extent), Initially the FTDi chip used to act as a mere SERIAL PORT but with this UNO ATmega8u2 act's a lot differently which provides you with other abilities, so it's not done with me regarding the Bootloading using UNO for such reason's