Go Down

Topic: UART2 - Hardware Serial 2 ports in Wemos D32 pro (ESP32 based) (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic

Bjack795

Hi all!

I want to make you a technical question.

I'm using this board and in the past I needed to use the Hardware Serial 1 ports, and I succeded in finding them on the datasheet.

Now I need the UART2 ports but as you can see from the picture attached U2RXD is corresponding to PIN 13 on the board but U2TXD is corresponding to SD2, and I don't know how or whether I can access it.

This is from ESP32 Datasheet

This is the corresponding D32 pro Schematics

Malakashka

I am currently using the board in question for the university project and I had a similar question to your's. We are using UART to get data from a GPS module. I've come to realize that while the chip has 3 UARTs, the board only provides connection to UART0 at the pins 3-RX and 1-TX. This is confirmed from the specification on the board at TinyTronics website (its a version 2 vs version 1, but still the same board).

The interesting part here is that UART0 being the only external UART on the board, also acts as a programming channel for the board. This means that you can't use it for project purposes and for printing serial messages at the same time.

Hope I was of help :)

Bjack795

I am currently using the board in question for the university project and I had a similar question to your's. We are using UART to get data from a GPS module. I've come to realize that while the chip has 3 UARTs, the board only provides connection to UART0 at the pins 3-RX and 1-TX. This is confirmed from the specification on the board at TinyTronics website (its a version 2 vs version 1, but still the same board).

The interesting part here is that UART0 being the only external UART on the board, also acts as a programming channel for the board. This means that you can't use it for project purposes and for printing serial messages at the same time.

Hope I was of help :)
Thank you for the information.

I solved this problem when I discovered that quite every pin can be used for UART2 and UART3 in the "hardware serial" setup.

Go Up