Australia (anywhere)

Any groups in Aus? I travel around a lot so doesn't matter what town altough I tend to avoid cities :slight_smile:

Rob

I'm in Maitland. So Newcastle is great, Sydney isn't too bad either. Any other takers?

I'm on the north side of Sydney.

However, from past experience it's a bit like herding cats...

G.

I'm in Hobart, Tasmania.

from past experience it's a bit like herding cats

True, unless there's a few in the same town or same part of a city there's little chance.

Still if we accumulate enough people chances are 2-3 will be within cooee of each other, the Melbourne AV Freaks seem to get together occaisonally.

Rob

I will be in Adelaide in a few months...

@Skippy
There is an Australian-based forum here

http://ozelecforum.com/index.php

Some of the guys there are from the Adelaide area and at least one of them is getting into Arduino.

Rob

You could always check out the various hackerspaces around the country. I am a member of the one in Brisbane, HSBNE.

Daniel.

Melbourne Hackerspace Community and ATA play with Arduino, developing a fan controller to move warm air in a room to a cooler room.
Dunno if any clubs or groups are active in OZ

Bringing this post back from the dead.

Anyone around Sydney?

I may be driving through Sydney in a month or so but normally I avoid the place :slight_smile:

There is at least one bloke on AVRfreaks that comes from Sydney.

Rob

I'm from Sydney. We've got a really active hackspace here as well. I'm only just starting to get into Arduino, but a lot of the people at the space have been into it for quite a while. There's also a really active hackspace in Canberra.

There's also a really active hackspace in Canberra.

Is that Make Hack Void or do you know of another one?

Rob

Why, yes, Mr. Nomad, that is the one I was thinking about in Canberra.

The one in Sydney is called Robots and Dinosaurs.

Cool, I'd love to drop into the Sydney Hacker Space some time!

There is a fantastic Hackerspace in Perth, The Perth Artifactory.

Wish I'd known about that when I was in Perth last year.

Rob