Go Down

Topic: 5 inch TFT Display + Arduino Mega with Touch Shield (w/SSD1963) (Read 579 times) previous topic - next topic

AlpDmr

Hi, I am a newbie of Arduino programming (embedded systems as well). But I am the semi-professional software developer.
I am planning to develop a device with Arduino Mega 2560, and I've purchased a kit (TFT + Shield + Arduino from here) for this project.
But I've not bought touch panel which is default because it is resistive (I need capacitive one) so I've added this capacitive Touch Screen Panel (company assembled TFT and Touch Panel).
I have a system with below devices;
  • Arduino Mega 2560 board
  • Arduino Shield for TFT (with microSD card slot - as can be seen in product page)
  • Eastrising 5" TFT Display (with microSD card slot - SSD1963 Controller Board)
  • 5" Capacitive Touch Screen (with GSL1680F controller - assembled to the TFT)

As a result, is there any code samples / tutorials / video that I can follow to develop with this same system or is there anybody has the sample codes with the same devices as an example.
Thanks.

justjohn

Hi, I am a newbie of Arduino programming (embedded systems as well). But I am the semi-professional software developer.
I am planning to develop a device with Arduino Mega 2560, and I've purchased a kit (TFT + Shield + Arduino from here) for this project.
But I've not bought touch panel which is default because it is resistive (I need capacitive one) so I've added this capacitive Touch Screen Panel (company assembled TFT and Touch Panel).
I have a system with below devices;
  • Arduino Mega 2560 board
  • Arduino Shield for TFT (with microSD card slot - as can be seen in product page)
  • Eastrising 5" TFT Display (with microSD card slot - SSD1963 Controller Board)
  • 5" Capacitive Touch Screen (with GSL1680F controller - assembled to the TFT)

As a result, is there any code samples / tutorials / video that I can follow to develop with this same system or is there anybody has the sample codes with the same devices as an example.
Thanks.

I've used their various displays a lot and have found the information that they provide to be quite complete. With you having programming experience it too should be no problem for you if you know where to look. If you scroll down to the bottom of page where you got it, they have "Tutorial - Demo code." But something I find more helpful is the actual datasheet for the controller, also there, as it explains exactly how to make the initial connection. FWIW,  here  is the place linked to from there

justjohn

. . . FWIW,  here  is the place linked to from there
p.s. once there, you may prevent yourself a distraction if you first scroll down to where it says, "4.3.1Communication," have a look at that page and the couple of pages that follow, then scroll back up and have a look at everything else to gain a better understanding. Seeing that they provide a "chip address" also means you can use the Arduino's "wire" library to do all the writing. You can find out how to do that with some googling "wire" and Arduino. After all that, then you can have a look around in any of the libraries that use font tables and displays to see how to do the writing once connected. Keep in mind that you're writing to the "controller," not the display, so any display that uses that controller would use the same type of code. With that in mind, you may be able to find some sample code by searching on the controller, rather than the display (which you may have already tried without success).

Good luck. :-)

Go Up