Go Down

Topic: How to know that DOGS102 is dead (Read 136 times) previous topic - next topic

OBU

Hello guys.

I have problem. I badly connected display DOGS102 http://www.lcd-module.com/eng/pdf/grafik/dogs102-6e.pdf . I would like to ask you, if it is killed. I connected VLCD on +3.3V :( but i think that pin is used just to keep power in capacitor, so I think problem should  be in code. But I cant get it work.

So do you think I could killed my display ? :(

Thanks for any help and feedback!!!

artisticforge

Hello guys.

I have problem. I badly connected display DOGS102 http://www.lcd-module.com/eng/pdf/grafik/dogs102-6e.pdf . I would like to ask you, if it is killed. I connected VLCD on +3.3V :( but i think that pin is used just to keep power in capacitor, so I think problem should  be in code. But I cant get it work.

So do you think I could killed my display ? :(

Thanks for any help and feedback!!!
Since there is no schematic of the internals of the display so it is difficult to know if the display has been "bricked".

What software are you using with the display?
did you download and install lcd-module.com software libraries for arduino?
which arduino are you using?
which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
which operating system are you using? Linux, MacOSX, Windows.

My question is:
Why did you connect voltage to that pin?

><>

OBU

Thank you for your reply.

OK ... I have to admit that I am programming LCD with STM32 and not with arduino.

But i am trying to get this LCD to work for 9 days, so I had to ask somewhere, if It could been broken by that mistake becouse as you wrote  there is no schematic of the internals of the display and I can't figure it out

My answer to your question is:I connected VLCD to 3v3 accidently.

olikraus

Hi

I had used several DOGS102 displays and I also connected them wrongly. They all survived.
My suggestion is to test the display with u8g2 lib with a Arduino compatible board (remember to use 5v level shifter for 5V boards).

Oliver

Go Up