Stopping a thread appearing in my Replies?

Oftentimes a thread goes on loooooong past where my interest has waned, but because I once replied in the thread, it pops up in my "replies" list every time there's activity.

I'd really like to opt out of some threads which are annoying the carp out of me.... is it possible please? Maybe I'm missing a "click" to do that?

Click Notify, it will ask you to confirm you want to turn off Notification for the topic.

Hmmmm I just tried that on this very thread, and it asked if I want to turn it ON.... isn't Notify to do with email notification, rather than the thread appearing in Replies in my top-right corner?

Think you can't stop replies on threads, never found it.

Notify is for email IIRC and works not very well imho.

robtillaart:
Think you can't stop replies on threads, never found it.

Grrrrrr.... I am up to "here" with that damned thread about 4x AA batteries, it's turned into an insane "I know more about batteries than you do" pissing contest.....

it's turned into an insane "I know more about batteries than you do" pissing contest

Always good to know that we have battery experts on the forum :wink:

I mostly open the replies I want to read in a new tab and mark the rest as read with one click :wink:

JimboZA:
Grrrrrr.... I am up to "here" with that damned thread about 4x AA batteries, it's turned into an insane "I know more about batteries than you do" pissing contest.....

I agree. @retrolefty, @fungus, and @oric_dan(333) have drifted way off-topic. When that happens, it would be helpful to the original poster (@evilcubed), especially if they are new to the forum, if you used Report to Moderator to ask for a course correction.

I have the same issue.
I Posted a couple of messages months ago in a thread that has now more than 22 pages and is still on topic but out of my interest.
I'll try to find the "read in one click functionality".
Best regards
Jantje

Go to your Profile -> Notifications and Emails and then unsubscribe from the thread you no longer want.

Great! never seen that one (consciously),

Thanks,

Far as I can see, that only unsubscribes from topics I clicked Notify on, not those I have responded to. I say that because in my case it only lists one topic......

On mine I have pages of topics listed. And I don't use Notify very often. The vast majority are topics that I have replied to.

Seems like something with your profile settings on the server is messed up.

Thanks Louis.... I'll have a look at my profile, maybe there's a switch I need to set.

Jim

Ah, it might be the one I have now selected in the pic attached... let's wait and see!

notify.JPG

I think this will make your mailbox size bigger but will not help the replies issue.
Best regards
Jantje