Attaching speaker to acrylic enclosure

I need to attach small 5cm speaker inside acrylic enclosure. Not sure how to proceed speaker doesn't have any attachment points. Is ther some kind of bracket I can glue or screw to plastic?

I use Amazing Goop to attach everything [not available in some countries outside
the USA]. It holds tenaciously to almost everything, and the best part is, you can take
things back apart without destroying everything in the process. Just a little dab will do.

oric_dan(333):
I use Amazing Goop to attach everything [not available in some countries outside
the USA]. It holds tenaciously to almost everything, and the best part is, you can take
things back apart without destroying everything in the process. Just a little dab will do.

Thanks! I will try it! :slight_smile:

goop is a stupid strong rubber cement,and I love it, the only thing I would fear is that the fumes would cloud up clear plastic.

usually those speakers are held into place with little metal tabs and a hole drilled in one end to screw them down, you could make some easily out of a soup can ... another thought would be silicone caulk, since its often used on plexiglass I would guess it would not fume up the plastic

I have used both cold weld and loctite brand Epoxy on Lexan without any discoloration. Not sure about Acrylic.

You could put a piece of metal on the other side and have the speaker clamp itself to that with its magnet....

Hot glue gun? Just don't use crazy glue. It destroys the acrylic surface and out gasses that becomes nasty white powder on acrylic.