Arduino Ide022 .pde file association bug.

Hello,

Since I install Arduino 022 ide I'm unable to associate .pde files with Arduino IDE. I tried to select "Automatically associate .pde files with Arduino" in preference menu but as soon I reopen the IDE it come back unselected. I try associate .pde extension to arduino.exe with
configuration panel....does not work. I tried removing IDE files and re-downloadind without correction for this bug.

I'm running Arduino 022 on Windows 7 family edition.
Not so harmfull but annoying, any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Serge

It appears to be a "feature" on Win7. Stupid POS OS.

I created a shortcut on the desktop, and drag files to the shortcut to open the IDE and file.

Since I install Arduino 022 ide I'm unable to associate .pde files with Arduino IDE

I used Ide018 with Win7 before and this problem did not exist. My problem is only with file association (double clicking on .pde file). I start Ide with an icon include in the rapid start bar.

I created a shortcut on the desktop, and drag files to the shortcut to open the IDE and file.

Just tried that and it works. That in it's self is kind of a cool trick. :wink:

I am not a window geek, but is arduino version 0018 still installed? uninstall and try reassociating with the new arduino version.

I also have this issue with 0021 and 0022.

Works fine on my laptop running the same OS.

I tried removing IDE files and re-downloadind without correction for this bug.

As I understand there is no install for this software ie: Arduino not listed in control panel installed software. So I do the equivalent of removing/reinstalling.

As I understand there is no install for this software ie: Arduino not listed in control panel installed software. So I do the equivalent of removing/reinstalling.

Yep - that is true.

Not sure how Windows handles associations for things that aren't installed - it never seemed to work quite right.

Mowcius

I have this working fine on one computer, Windows 7 64bit where the associations have remained. On a separate computer, also Windows 7 but 32bit, the association was "lost" and has been unable to reset since. I can tell it to select the IDE but it will never actually open the file and never remains associated. On that computer I just open the IDE and open the file itself.

the association was "lost" and has been unable to reset since. I can tell it to select the IDE but it will never actually open the file and never remains associated. On that computer I just open the IDE and open the file itself.

Yep - that's what happened here too.