Does one-color addressable LED-strips exist?

There are plenty of RGB LED-strips out there, for example:

I need a digitally addressable LED-strip that only has one color component for each "pixel". I have searched the Internet like crazy and can't seem to find it.

Has anyone seen a product like this?

coolov:
There are plenty of RGB LED-strips out there, for example:

Digital RGB LED Weatherproof Strip - LPD8806 32 LED : ID 306 : $149.75 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

I need a digitally addressable LED-strip that only has one color component for each "pixel". I have searched the Internet like crazy and can't seem to find it.

Has anyone seen a product like this?

Well worst case you could run the RGB strips using just one color command, it's just a matter of the software commands you send it.

Lefty

Why not use a triple and just use 1 color then?

Umm, yeah, what he said ...

Thank you guys, I already considered that option, but I need 1600 pixels and it adds up in cost. I have a feeling that LED-strips that need 1/3 of the led:s and 1/3 of the LED-drivers should be way cheaper, if they exist...

Are you going to use them in strips, or could you create a big 40x40 array instead?
Or five 8x40 arrays? (one shift register across the top, and 5 down the side, so to speak)

Thank You Crossroads, an array is generally a good solution but in this case i actually need the strips...

I don't think anyone makes one but you could use the PCA9685 chip, these are I2C addressable.
These handle 16 LEDs per chip (20mA per LED without external drivers) and you can have 62 chips so that's 992 LEDs without having to resort to bus switching.

Hmmmm, discrete cheap LEDs from eBay and a 41 wire Charlieplex array? Not very bright though(!)

Sounds like the words largest PoV project then? 8)