[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Update 2012/10/26

• 1.0.1i 20121026: Java JDK updated to last version. Launcher compiled with last launch4j. Pretty icon for Windows 7 now uses a cleaner approach (no jdk hacks). AvrDudeWrapper now redirects output and error messages properly to the IDE.

So this means, anyone can use now avrdude.exe (wrapper) exactly as it was avrdude2.exe in any application. :slight_smile:

I think application is very mature right now, I will have to start porting the changes to the new IDE instead of updating this 1.0.1 version.

Can you include an option to reset when the Serial monitor is started?

The original IDE does this and so does Hyperterminal (I don`t know how Hyperterminal does it, but I always see the first Serial.prints when Hyperterminal is started).

Thanks.

Lakes:
Can you include an option to reset when the Serial monitor is started?

The original IDE does this and so does Hyperterminal (I don`t know how Hyperterminal does it, but I always see the first Serial.prints when Hyperterminal is started).

Thanks.

Maybe if you left autoclear checked I can clear the serial monitor too on every opening?

Autoclear checkbox restarts the arduino?, sure that`ll work for me. :slight_smile:

I am giving up this version of IDE. I was very excited to have something which is fixing most annoying errors of the original IDE. Downloaded installed and started the first project with dallas thermometers. After very painfull debugging I couldn't even compile the sketch.

I was getting errors which gave completely no clue where the problem is. After several attempts I have landed with a bunch of errors like "variable or field declared void" - for all functions in the example project and gave up.

There must be some changes in the compiler or something which is rendering example projects from OneWire.h and DallasTemperature unusable. I don't know what with other sketches but after opening this in original IDE problems disapeared.

damago1:
I am giving up this version of IDE. I was very excited to have something which is fixing most annoying errors of the original IDE. Downloaded installed and started the first project with dallas thermometers. After very painfull debugging I couldn't even compile the sketch.

I was getting errors which gave completely no clue where the problem is. After several attempts I have landed with a bunch of errors like "variable or field declared void" - for all functions in the example project and gave up.

There must be some changes in the compiler or something which is rendering example projects from OneWire.h and DallasTemperature unusable. I don't know what with other sketches but after opening this in original IDE problems disapeared.

Original IDE = which version? 0023? or 1.0.1

I am sorry if you are having problems, but there is no much differences in the core of this one vs the official. For the other side, I can listen and fix the issues if there is a way to replicate them.

Bad news....Installed the latest build of ide 1.0.1i_20121026 this morning. Now nothing will compile. One example problem...Sketches with time library no longer compile. Compile error is that time_t is not a valid type. Also can't find all the type declarations and functions in Webduino. Doesn't appear to be finding and/or linking the libraries correctly. Also, compiler fails to find all functions that are defined after they are first called in sketches. Very long lists of errors. I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.0.1i and it still fails to compile. The official 1.0.1 still compiles and runs these correctly. Your version 1.0.1g_? also compiles and runs correctly.

The last version that was working for me was either 1.0.1i_20121019 or 1.0.1i_20121019. Can't remember exactly which one it was.

Do you have a repository of past versions. I'd like to load one of the previous builds of 1.0.1i and use that.
Found the old setup files. Am back-revving to 20121023 and 20121020 versions. Will let you know how they work.

OK.
1.0.1i_20121023 failed to compile sketches correctly with same errors in previous post.
1.0.1i_20121020 compiled everything sucessfully with no errors.

Your change log shows that you fixed the compiler line number error between these two revs. How could that cause these errors?

Oh, and I'm not ready to give up on your ide just yet. Way too many cool features.

Quarencia:
OK.
1.0.1i_20121023 failed to compile sketches correctly with same errors in previous post.
1.0.1i_20121020 compiled everything sucessfully with no errors.

Your change log shows that you fixed the compiler line number error between these two revs. How could that cause these errors?

Oh, and I'm not ready to give up on your ide just yet. Way too many cool features.

Wow, weird. Can you send me the broken sketches? I always test some of the samples in my machine and in a virtual one

The problem with the lines was in the preprocessor, I removed stuff but maybe I break something. I tried with a lot of my sketches, and all of them are compiling. I need some hints :roll_eyes:

Just sent a sketch and libraries to the e-mail in your profile.

Quarencia:
Just sent a sketch and libraries to the e-mail in your profile.

Thanks, will check what's going on.

This is the precompiler change, I think it is not related. And I can't see any relation with the new JDK and the problems

Nice! I found the problem! it was the fix for the error-line. I am reviewing it carefully now.

Everything is fixed now! enjoy :smiley: sorry for the inconveniences.

Awesome! That fixed it. Tested my sketches and the examples that were failing. Everythnig compiles just fine in latest version. Forced a few compile errors while I was at it and correct line numbers for compile errors is very nice.

I'm still getting all the annoying compiler warning messages. Most annoying is only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area. When I do verbose compile, this fills several screens. I've read that the latest AVR-GCC 4.7.0 and AVR-LIBC 1.8.0 are supposed to be rid of this erroneous compiler message. See Andy Brown's write up and solution here avr-gcc 4.7.0 and avr-libc 1.8.0 compiled for Windows | Andys Workshop.

Also, I saw that Arduino released some patches to fix all the bad type casting and other sloppy & amateur programming hacks in the official arduino libraries. I can't begin to tell you how much the sloppy programming in the official cores/libraries annoys me. Especially since most of them have been around for a long time. I'm the amateur, I don't need my tools to be. See issue 963 here Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Any chance these could be incorporated? Or are they already incorporated and they just don't completely fix the problems?

Thanks,

Are those issues addressed by 1.0.2? or 1.5 (I am confused what version is the next one)

If yes: well I have to move soon to one of those, so they will be addressed, I am just waiting for an official release to get the last source.

I don't know if they're in the next versions. In theory, the patches should be, but history has shown theory and logic to be a poor predictor of future reality for Arduino code fixes. As for AVRGCC and ACRLIBC, I can't imagine Arduino jumping from 4.3.3 all the way to 4.7.0. We'll see what happens.

Hi very nice doing,

but something is strange, the IDE is thinking my board is 1 port ahead, so serial Port is selected to 7 and if I trying to upload an Sketch it means Port 8 is used so if I select skip the upload goes forward but the IDE tells me Port 8 is used.

B.R.

Markus

Btw. I use an Leonardo

Markus_L811:
Hi very nice doing,

but something is strange, the IDE is thinking my board is 1 port ahead, so serial Port is selected to 7 and if I trying to upload an Sketch it means Port 8 is used so if I select skip the upload goes forward but the IDE tells me Port 8 is used.

B.R.

Markus

Btw. I use an Leonardo

Thanks for the report, can you go to preferences, check Compile verbose and try again please? and paste here the first part of the verbose text that appears in the log.

What is the path of program files in your language?

So there it is,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.1i

ERW Error.txt (21 KB)

Markus_L811:
So there it is,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.1i

Can you open putty or some serial monitor pointing to COM7 and the Leonardo RX, TX leds light up?

I see in your file:

Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7
PORTS {COM7, } / {COM7, } => {}
PORTS {COM7, } / {COM8, } => {COM8, }
Found Leonardo upload port: COM8

So it seems the leonardo does something different. I don't have that board to test, but I will check the IDE code to see what is the original IDE doing. It seems windows reports COM7 as the leonardo com, but there is a routine in the IDE to detect the port if the leonardo is not responding.