I'm New To The Arduino Fourms :)

I'm suppose to post one normal message before I can post an advanced one so, ya, here it is.
FYI, I have only recently discovered this forum.
I'm not new to the Arduino world, I've made some (advanced) projects before.
Lastly, I've known and used Arduinos for a little over a year now and currently have the Duemilanove and UNO along with a handful of shields.

Happy coding. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to anything you may share with us.

PS: Sounds like you are experianced enough that I can skip over the you-must-use-current-limiting-series-resistors-with-your-LEDs speech. :wink:

Lefty

Awwww.... I love that speach! :cry:

Welcome. Look forward to you sharing your projects in Exhibition.

Give it to me...

hold on...

BUT RESISTORS MAKE THE LEDS DIM :frowning:

BUT RESISTORS MAKE THE LEDS DIM :frowning:

Ya, but they also prevent them from dying. :wink:

BUT RESISTORS MAKE THE LEDS DIM

Lefty's rule: Better to be a dim-led then a dimwit.

Well, leds are cheap enough they're easily replaceable after the Magic Smoke is released

But I think I read somewhere that skipping on the resistor can make a led draw too much current and break the Arduino (which is arguably cheap enough to replace too, compared to similar options, not that I'd want to either way)

I'm new to the forums as well, got my Arduino starter kit today, so I'd like to hear your talk :slight_smile:

Lefty, you never gave me your speech!

Lefty, you never gave me your speech!

That must mean you are not in need of it. Don't complain or I will turn you over to Grumpy_Mike for a real lesson as only the British can hand out. :wink:

Lefty

Haha! Fine, ;D

I'm new here too.

What's a LED... what's a resistor???

Only joking, but I had to get my first post in (and get the lecture) :wink:

The main reason you really need to use resistors is of course to support "The Resistance". Those courageous Resistors are out there, giving their all, for you. I saw all about it in a film, black and white- must have been carbon.

Vive Le Electron!

Hehe the more ohms, the better your support is? :wink:

One might say "there is no place like ohm", and then again one might not want to say that. :wink:

Lefty

I can skip over the you-must-use-current-limiting-series-resistors-with-your-LEDs speech

Do you know what I discovered recently? If you plug some LEDs into a USB port without using a current limiting series resistor on this laptop it pops up a message to tell you that something's using too much power :smiley:

Happy coding at arduino....

Jeckson