FIXED: SSD1963 controller with 7" TFT (horizontally mirrored image)

Are you using the DUE?

If you are then download the UTFT_DUE folder from CTE (http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-7-0-inch-TFT-LCD-module-Font-IC-800x480-SSD1963-arduino-DUE-MEGA2560-3-5-4-3-/111008432389?) and modify it as follows:

• Make sure you are running IDE 1.52
  • Copy UTFT_DUE (the download) into your library folder.
  • Open file UTFT.cpp and modify it as per above ie delete line 1822 (#ifndef DISABLE_SSD1963_800) -1902 (#endif) {this is the first instance of the init routine} then replace what are now lines 2174 (case SSD1963_800_3:) to 2261 (break:) with the lines shown above.
  • Restart Arduino IDE.
  • Load example program CTE_70inch_800x480
  • In the function loop() delete everything from the start of the function up to but not including "int buf[798];"
  • Run it

It SHOULD now work.....

Note: There is a line " myGLCD.Swtich_LCD_TB_Bit(1); " which reverses the screen horizontally. Some of the example include it and some do not include it !! So, now that the UTFT demo works try the others BUT if any are backwards just add the above line straight after the first clear screen.

Henning's library is VERY tidy and looks really good. I am STILL trying to get it to work but I appear to have an unsupported 7" screen so at the moment I'm stuck with the CTE version. If I get Henning's latest one to work I will give step by step instructions as I have above.