Go Down

Topic: Home Automation - Via Powerline Modem TDA5051 - I2C (Read 14264 times) previous topic - next topic

koshala123

What do you mean by range in this case? If you mean how far apart they are, I have only tested everything within the same room, connected to different mains outlets.
In my case I tested inside the room , it didn't go that far(only to the nearest socket) , what's the schematic you made (As in something close to the Data sheet which NXP have provided or something else ?) and the code you uploaded (I used the Radio head library what did you use )?  I'm planning to do this as my final year project in my university hope you'll be able to help with it .

Watcher

In my case I tested inside the room , it didn't go that far(only to the nearest socket) , what's the schematic you made (As in something close to the Data sheet which NXP have provided or something else ?) and the code you uploaded (I used the Radio head library what did you use )?  I'm planning to do this as my final year project in my university hope you'll be able to help with it .
I used the sample schematic given in the datasheet. Look for the isolated version with a transformer and with increased input sensitivity.

As for the code, I am using a particular code which supports a certain protocol that I am using.

First of all try to get communication established. For example send simple bytes from one serial port to the other and have it displayed on the PC. Once this is done, then you can move to something more complex.

Go Up