Forum Website Down

Graynomad:
It's not that strange, I don't think I've ever seen a single issue of this nature addressed, or even acknowledged, by the powers that be.

In fact the only time I've seen them post on this forum was around the time of the Due release.

I know of people (myself included) who have directly PMd and emailed the team with no response.

There may be good reason, maybe they get 1000 emails a day and just can't answer them all. Either way you better get used to it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Graynomad, I appreciate it.

If what you say is true, they need more people who are empowered to fix things on the forum. I know the structure of SMF very, very well. They could add more Admins, or even Global moderators with more permissions. If there isn't a moderator assigned to this board, they could do that. The Moderator would acknowledge the problem and elevate it t the appropriate official, and report back.

A forum this big needs a lot of moderators. In fact, I just looked at the boards and none of them show that any moderators have been assigned to them. Shoot, a forum this big, which covers so may time zones? It should have 5 to 7 moderators per board , not because that many are needed at once, but because the board is so active worldwide 24/7 - the members who are mods should reside in several world wide time zones. It deserves that many. Each board would have these mods and that way all the members know specifically who to report problems to.

I just sorted the memberlist and Admin should have come up at the top, but it looks like they have renamed the membergroups, i.e. Edison, Faraday ... who knows who is really an administrator? Who is in charge. Very odd way to do things!

It ain't rocket science. There will be no problem getting volunteers to do these jobs. They will have more volunteers than they can shake a stick at.

There is a bug-reporting mechanism, I don't know anything about it though.

OK, I'll try and PM an Admin to verify that they don't care about these types of reports, and I'll post what happens here.